Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a used D16y8 to replace my blown engine and I was in the process of replacing any and all gaskets and seals I could think of. I took the crank pully off and timing belt. The belt sprocket slid right off and I replaced the crank seal behind it but then when I went to put the sprocket back on it would go so I gave it some taps with a rubber mallet and it just wont go back on. I also noticed that I cant turn the motor over by hand anymore it locked up. Did I just brick my engine trying to get the belt sprocket back on? Also, is there a trick to getting the sprocket back on easier?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,822 Posts
your crank pully?

or this?

line the key with the slot and slide it in....if its the pulley, then line up the key ways without the key in it, push it as far as itll go, then slide the key in.

Reactions: otciallellacarlavw

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the sprocket in the picture not the pully. I lined the tooth up with the slot it just won't go all the way on and for some reason the engine is locked up after tapping the sprocket with a
Rubber mallet.

·
Registered
4d EG manual rack/trans low n slow
221 Posts
Oh look, a copy and paste reply that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread...
There may be the following reasons:
1. Reasons for the fuel supply system: the low pressure oil circuit is blocked, the pipeline is loose and oil leaks, there is air in the high pressure fuel pipe, the technical state of the fuel injector is not good, and the fuel injection timing angle is incorrect.
2. Reasons for the starting device: power failure, poor contact of the electromagnetic switch, poor contact between the commutator of the starter motor and the brush, and slippage of the clutch of the starter transmission mechanism.
3. The cylinder compression pressure is insufficient: the cylinder gasket is damaged and leaked, the valve is not closed tightly, and the piston cylinder liner is worn and leaked.
4. Insufficient air intake: the air filter element is blocked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts