·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Timing belt question on a mini-me swap.

Specs:
d15b7 bottom end
d16z6 top end

Ok I work at a parts store and I was looking up a timing belt for my engine build and I came across two timing belts. One belt if the for d15b7 and the other for z6. Which one do I use. Do I need to change other parts to have this work together? Also, With the head gasket, Do I use the head bolts for the b7 or the z6 both engines have different part numbers. And before I get bitchd at I did search before I posted this. So please if any one knows it would be nice to get some input from some other honda guys.

Thanks for you help in advance.
-Code ReD

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummm. maybe so i figured me people would of known the answer to this question. anyone else know??

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Mini Me Swap Information. (56k prepare to wait) - ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum

Here you go acording to this looks like you need the z6 belt.

IMPORTANT: Several places on the net and several people on Honda-Tech say that the VX (D15Z1) timing belt is the one to use for this swap because it is for a 1.5L VTEC. THIS IS INCORRECT! When I did the initial head swap, I used a VX timing belt. The VX timing belt was WAY too tight, and whined when the engine was at high rpm. I unfortunately did not discover this until the entire head was assembled. The VX timing belt has 103 teeth, where as the Z6 timing belt has 104 teeth, and the B7 belt 106 teeth. I was finally able to replace the VX timing belt with the Z6 timing belt, and the Z6 timing belt fit much better and didn’t whine. THE D16Z6 timing belt is the correct belt to use with a B7 block / Z6 head combination.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you crxlifer21 for your information, and the link that helps alot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts