Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked at my timing belt and realized that it is all the way on the side of the cam gear towards the head and maybe a mm over? On that side of the belt there is also a 1-2mm mark all the way around the belt when you look at it directly over top of the gear where possibly the crank gear quides are pushing it back into the center...

How the heck do i fix this...

Vince

·
Registered
163 Posts
Re-torque the cam gear, make sure its on all the way, Loosen the belt tensioner, inspect the gear, to see if theres oil or something on it, make sure your crank pulley is properly installed, you know, washers were they belong and stuff, reposition it all, assuming the belt is good, good time to change it if needed, line her up and drive it for a few days and ck it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rexinre said:
Are you sure your cam gear is on all the way?
Well the belt is all the way towards the head side of the cam gear. I have everything on right and i re-tensioned the belt yesterday.

It's a Y8 head on a z6 block if that matters at all?

Pics tonight!

Vince

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
I would take off the head and make sure the cam is correct. better find out now, than later down the road when something breaks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gftgrill said:
I would take off the head and make sure the cam is correct. better find out now, than later down the road when something breaks.
I just dont understand how the cam could be in wrong even if i did mess something up. There is a lip on the one side that has to be in the groove in the head.

I'll double check when i reset my valve lash again but other than that maybe the dowell pin is restricting gear from being pushed all the way back? Maybe it rose up out of it's place a little on install? I'll let you guys know.

Vince

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
AgentJam said:
other than that maybe the dowell pin is restricting gear from being pushed all the way back? Maybe it rose up out of it's place a little on install?Vince
This is actually quite common, mine did, had to re-do it a couple times to make sure it fit correctly. That dowel is soft, but it will still force the gear out if not correctly set in its groove. In wish more cam gear companies would make it a solid part of their product.

C

·
0 Posts
civic4ges said:
In wish more cam gear companies would make it a solid part of their product.
i second that!... taking a cam gear off a cam after-the-fact is a major pain in the arse!.... and the woodruff key is just another thing for me to drop on the floor, then lose forever, then bitch and complain as i go back to honda and spend another $6.00 to get another one.... :p

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can't work on your cam and get head at the same time, your going to drop stuff!he,he,he.... re do the cam/cam gear install see if it works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts