Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little pissed ATM because ive been working on my timing belt today. Everything was going smoothly until i try to put tension on the belt. i followed some write up on here, and it says to tighten it while turning the cranks counterclock wise. well after that i did a test start up and the belt wobbles like hell... normal?
i tried to make it tighter but i dont understand how this tensioner works... is it not spring loaded? does it just sit there? wtf? quick respone would be appreciated.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
sure you have the right belt?

the factory manual instructions on how to install and tighten the belt elevated all my headaches. download the factory manual. I not exactly sure how the tensioner works. but all you have to do is loosen the tensioner bolt. turn the crank counter clockwise atleast 3 teeth. then tighten the tensioner, not tighten as you turn.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
93 si single.

when i start it up, it just looks as if it wants to jump off.... or skip arround.
the belt is on and it is timed, i dont want that part to be redone. so how to i get it where the belt dosnt bounce arround.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
3/4ths of an inch is fine according to the Helms manual. What I do to tighten up my tensioner is take the metal end of a bungee cord, fish it down into the lower cover and hook it under the tensioner "arm", lift on arm/cord and then tighten the tensioner bolt.

GL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts