Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 CrX Si
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. Been thinking I can save a few bucks if i do this stuff my self. Only problem I forsee is the friggin crank bolt. Can anybody give me some advice on how to break it loose when its been torqued from the factory. This one is a bit of a pain. I had 2 professional mechanics try to do it and they couldn't get it. Busted a socket on it.

Any insight?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
use a good quality impact socket... spray some PB Blaster on there and let it sit for an hour or two... wedge a screwdriver into the flywheel teeth under the car and put it in 5th gear. Then just use a giant breaker bar :)

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
^^best way to do it...........there are many threds about the crank bolt........I have a wedge that bolts onto the flywheel that makes it easier......

·
Registered
1991 CrX Si
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight. Still not sure I want to go tackling that one myself. At a buck 110 its not easy to muscle to things. Little worried with the proper leverage in there I would still have to get some elbow grease in it. Hell I might get brave and give it a shot this weekend.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
me and my brother had the motor out of the car yesterday, and breaking that bolt loose took the life of 2 tools. We ended up getting it off, by using s screw driver through the flywheel (the pressure plate screw hole) to the block, and a 10 foot pole on top of the 2 foot breaker bar. i held the motor, and my brother pulled on it really hard, we heard a snap, crackle, and pop!. we moved it around maybe 1/8th rotation, and it was loose, I took it off with my hand with ease from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts