Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
Honda civic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running 11:1 compression y8 mini me with pm6 pistons, the head has been shaved a bit. Well... I know that it is not running as good as it should due to stock y8 ecu, to keep it from killing its self i put a spark plug non-fouler on the upstream o2 sensor and it helped considerably. I am about to buy a chipped obd1 ecu for $125 and the guy can do whatever i want to it as far as the fuel maps and timing etc, but he said he isnt a tuner and doesnt know what would be recommended for my setup. So that brings me to my question of the day....

What timing and fuel map changes should i put to make it faster but safer for the motor till i can get it dyno tuned?

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,942 Posts
That's a recipe for disaster.

If you want to do it right, either buy an ostrich and the datalogging equipment and do it yourself or pay a tuner.

·
Banned
Honda civic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, i didnt know if i could maybe bump the fuel % up by 10% through out the entire rpm range, considering i've driven over 12k on this motor since i built it on stock ecu with the non-fouler. It just feels like its starving around 3500-5600, once vtec kicks in its not so bad it gets that lifted feeling, but yet again once it hits about 6,800-7500 it feels like it bogs, and this was way worse before i added the fouler to increase the fuel that way..

BTW thanks for the fast reply!

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
it is also likely timing related too.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
995 Posts
have fun with your spun rod bearings and such.

you shouldnt be driving it at all without a tune. 11:1 is way higher comp than stock. the stock ecu can in no way compensate fuel for that amount of air. and depending on fuel you are using this could be a disaster.

get your obd1 ecu and just put a base map on it. get it to a tuner and let them fix it for you. id say tune it yourself but i dont think you should touch cars any more than you have.

·
Banned
Honda civic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

you shouldnt be driving it at all without a tune. 11:1 is way higher comp than stock. the stock ecu can in no way compensate fuel for that amount of air. and depending on fuel you are using this could be a disaster.

get your obd1 ecu and just put a base map on it. get it to a tuner and let them fix it for you. id say tune it yourself but i dont think you should touch cars any more than you have.
So since when did spinning bearings have to do with anything that I am asking about? its not detonating or pinging, and everything is brand new? If you can't give advise without bashing then please don't. Its N/A and stock cam, i could see internal issues if i was detonating or having issues, I am just wanting to spice it up more than it is, the dead zones im speaking about only i notice them because it's my car and i drive it all the time. If you want to bash me then show me something you have done, dont just talk shit and have nothing to back up. And atleast i didn't fuck up my block putting the bolts in the wrong places on my first build ):
And just so my question was clear, i was just wanting to know what % i could bump up the fuel and be safe without washing the cylinder walls or running to rich, if you want to keep bashing then i will quit asking questions and just go get an a/f ratio gauge and do it my way, and if I was going to spin a bearing i am definitely sure it would have done so by now, I was looking at my odometer and i have literally went 13,467 since it was rebuilt.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
sounds like they've already told you to get it tuned, or tune it yourself..... its your car, don't like the responses, don't ask. after driving for 13k, it must not be that important, or it would have been resolved 10k ago.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
995 Posts
So since when did spinning bearings have to do with anything that I am asking about? its not detonating or pinging, and everything is brand new? If you can't give advise without bashing then please don't. Its N/A and stock cam, i could see internal issues if i was detonating or having issues, I am just wanting to spice it up more than it is, the dead zones im speaking about only i notice them because it's my car and i drive it all the time. If you want to bash me then show me something you have done, dont just talk shit and have nothing to back up. And atleast i didn't fuck up my block putting the bolts in the wrong places on my first build ):
And just so my question was clear, i was just wanting to know what % i could bump up the fuel and be safe without washing the cylinder walls or running to rich, if you want to keep bashing then i will quit asking questions and just go get an a/f ratio gauge and do it my way, and if I was going to spin a bearing i am definitely sure it would have done so by now, I was looking at my odometer and i have literally went 13,467 since it was rebuilt.
lololol.

so it seems you know that spun bearings is often a result of detonation but yet you ask what spun bearings have to do with the price of tea in china?

go ahead and laugh at the mistake i made building my first engine ever. i know i sure laughed about it. i also learned from it. ive also learned from others mistakes. your obviously not smart enough to. also im sure your engine is pinging you just cant hear it but idc have fun.

you asked for advice we gave it. if you dont listen then we will see you in a few weeks when you ask about why your engine is knocking.

·
5,308 Posts
so stealing that gif for when I needs it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts

I call bullshit :)

10.8:1 or higher D16A6/Y8 that I alone put about 50,000 miles on running a stock PM6 ECU. Now I didn't crank the igition timing like I normally did.

·
Banned
Honda civic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I call bullshit :)

10.8:1 or higher D16A6/Y8 that I alone put about 50,000 miles on running a stock PM6 ECU. Now I didn't crank the igition timing like I normally did.
Thank you...
As for the other guy... my timing is retarded along with cooler plugs than what stock asks for, along with mirror finish polished combustion chambers. I did everything i could to keep my engine from pinging. I'm not getting mad or upset because i dont want to listen, you just started bashing me for what ever reason and still didnt even answe my question... my question wasnt will it run, or will what i am running destroy itself, it was how much more fuel should i add to the tune, which since no one is listening i am going to get an a/f ratio gauge and see how far off i am from running it perfect since no body can answer a simple question.. if you dont know... dont reply, dont respond go find someone else to troll... Thank you and have a nice day :)

**** P.S .... my VERY first build was this one, i just took it apart, paid attention, did enough research to know what safeguards to do, and its running fine. I am putting it into an obd1 car and i have to buy a new ecu so i figured why not go ahead and get the fuel and stuff bumped up to where someone with experience said it should be close to. And since nobody else said anything about it.... How does compression increase boost the amount of air into the cylinder? A cam and turbo and nitrous do... not a less dished piston... Learn your shit before you talk it... and i asked why you mentioned spinning bearings because you completely disregarded my question and didnt read what i had typed. I know the motor isnt pinging due to its in an obd2 car with a y8 ecu behind it with a knock sensor and i had a data stream on it for the first month i was drivingg it around watching the ign timing to see if the knock sensor was retarding it due to pinging and guess what... nada so thank you for trying..
:booty:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
Stock ECU should handle the enrichment....

PS: on 87 octane I would get a light rattle if I lugged the motor under 2000 rpm, 89 octane cured that, but I didn't pay the extra.

·
Banned
Honda civic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your positve feed back, im getting it chipped and base mapped just wanted to do more than a base though, I appreciate you not jumping on the bandwagon to bash me.. I think if my rep gets any lower from these two they'll ban me and i have only 3 threads.... anyways haters gonna hate when someone does something different than everyone else..

·
Banned
Honda civic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i take that back.. i am already banned.. Thanks guys, such a supportive community..

·
5,308 Posts
I cant ban you, been here longer than 30days, and you haven't done anything against the rules. if neg rep gets you banned, then bever is FUCKED. seriously, go to search and type in acidbever.

·
Banned
Honda civic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It says I am banned, my account is restricted. I sent a message asking why it didnt give a reason either.

·
5,308 Posts
youre not banned if youre still posting. its restricted, itll go away eventually. just play nice.

just tried to ban you.

"This user registered more than 30 days ago, they are therefore protected from this tool."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.