Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
99 Civic EX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
When the map is plugged in crome doesn't report anything the car won't even stay running until it's unplugged

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
636 Posts
When i put my freshly built ZC on the dyno, the ignition timing was way out of whack, mechanical timing was double checked, ended up having to elongate the adjustment holes on the dizzy to pull it toward the timing marks. It was an aftermarket dizzy, maybe they're hit and miss.

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
226 Posts
You are of a tooth. Timing mark on camshaft is towards an arrow on the plastic cover and not aligned with the head.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ignition timing will be based in the distributor and cam angles. If you are sure the cam is at TDC position and if you are using the correct distributor... Something is off at the distributor cam coupling or with the pickups/wiring in the distributor or in the software.
If it's not the original distributor you may need to adjust pass the mounting holes.
I've seen this before.
I removed all the bolts from the distributor and clocked it to its correct timing position then matched up one of the closest bolts using a washer if required.
Ive even resorted to grinding the distributor arms to get a correct match.

·
Registered
99 Civic EX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It was a faulty MAP sensor :D Replaced and perfectly timed now! Thanks for the help y'all!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts