Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finaly got my DOHC ZC to run. Now I have to adjust the timing on it. I know how to do it but I'm looking for what it' should be set at. I looked in the book and it told me to look on the sticker under the hood. Well my hood is for my civic. I checked on the web but could not find any info to the corret timming. If some one could help me out that would be cool. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
well make sure the motor is at top dead center, if u look at the cam gears they have like little up arrows on them, they both need to be facing up paralell. also u should have 12 teeth on the timing belt in betweem ur cam gears when u do this, u also have cam alighnment holes, when u have the arrows paralell u will see the holes line up, i stuck a screwdriver too hold it in place when i put the belt on.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You should ahve a TDC mark on the crank pulley and then some sort of mark on the timing cover. Just adjust the distributor until that lines up when using the timing light.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
timing

ci_vic said:
Finaly got my DOHC ZC to run. Now I have to adjust the timing on it. I know how to do it but I'm looking for what it' should be set at. I looked in the book and it told me to look on the sticker under the hood. Well my hood is for my civic. I checked on the web but could not find any info to the corret timming. If some one could help me out that would be cool. Thanks.
It's 18-22 degrees in my book

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i set mine to TDC and it started running funny, so i advanced it

·
Registered
96 Posts
there should be a lone mark for tdc then to the left of it there'll be 3 marks in a row. that's is what you should be adjusting to. aim for the middle one which is 18* i think.
good luck

·
Registered
275 Posts
ok did u line your cams up (both arrows pointing up)?
when u do that before u renstall timing belt put the crank pulley at tdc.
put the belt back on and check it with timing light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts