Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 si with a 15g greddy kit. i run about 5lbs because its basically stock. i have never mess with the timing before. i have the light hooked up, what is it suposed to be, what is best, and how do i adjust it?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
honestly man read the whole thing in the long run it will help you under stand you motor better and will be able to tune your own car.....

its what i did

i wish it was a simple as read post ..... and you have the answer but there is tons of great info in there and lots of time into the thread......you ont be dissapointed

so get ya a 6 pack and have at it:)

if it helps i think timing is in the 2nd section of it after the basics ....maybe like pg 3 ish but dont quote me i dont have it memorized :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
honestly man, i know most of the stuff i skimmed through. I'm not an idiot but i defiantly don't know everything.
I just don't know honda. I just set it to 16 BTDC (the red line was lined up through the guide). I have some boost and i know that basically advances it so i would need to retard it.

i also read that the factory set up can handle up to 6lbs on 16BTDC with no timing issues.

my question was simple, i never checked my timing on my honda, i didnt know which mark i needed to line up, i didnt know which bolts i needed to loosesn, i didnt know what default timing was set at and if that was good enough for 5lbs. goodthing i downloaded the helms, explaind everything (not clearly) except about the boost part.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
ya 16 deg is good
but you normally want 1 deg ret per pound of boost....

i think im at -19 at 5 pds of boost but thats with wisecos and eagle rods ect

but i wouldnt boost with no retard

at least turn your dizzy to retard a few deg

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
ya 18 should be good....

what are you useing to tune? or your not?

but to be safe i would turn it back to the 18btc cause if you hear det it could be too late on a stock motor....that det could be boom!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
greddy emanage blue, currently base map, unless i can hook up a laptop via usb and do what im told. i have the software.

i ran all night on stock timing, didn't hear any detonation but ill probably retard it 2 degrees to be safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts