Honda D Series Forum banner

Time for my second build!! Little help advice and help needed please

1K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  ryan89crx 
#1 ·
Hi people, after the sucsess of my first build i have decided to now do another one as i have gained an extra 6 months now working in the engine shop so i feel i could make this one better.

My plan is -

D15b2/7 block
D16z6/y8 head
P28 with Crome again
Lightened and balanced flywheel and crankshaft
Forged conrods (now i have actually found some in the UK!!! :) )
Uprated cam which has been sourced in the UK along with retainers, valves etc..

D16y8 pistons if possible?? These are the domed ones and i'm told these give a compression of 12.1:1 so this may need to reduced for road use?? Any advice on these would be appriecated :)

I get my new block for £10 on monday so it will be then sent off for alkaline dipping along with a head once thats located

Chris ;)

See less See more
#4 ·
Nope the rods are from another company in the UK they work out around £450gpb and include ARP studs in the conrods which i thought sounds resonable for something which I have never seen before, i will try and get some pictures up.

The compression does not seem right though i'm getting 10.1:1 with my flat pistons which are standard in my D15 block. According to the marking the new ones are p29?

Chris ;)

#8 ·
Ye i have been on the Dyno and i was really happy with the results. it was all standard internally and gave me 130hp at the flywheel and 109.5whp which for my first build i was chuffed with! :)

This engine i'm aiming for 140whp and it will be going into my new project. This will be a basic 1.3dx model, as these have no sunroof or bumpstrips etc. My aim is to work on the power to weight so i may as well start of with the lightest chassis.

Chris ;)

#11 ·
Pauter makes 134mm D15 rods that are pretty much indestructable for $750. Correct if I am wrong, but don't the PM7/P29 pistons have the wrist pin in a different location than stock D15? I heard that PM7/P29 pistons in a D15B block with 134mm rods will stick out the top of the cylinder, like 18:1 compression ratio. Have I heard wrong?

#12 ·
Why are you going with expensive forged rods? Don't get me wrong D15's have very small and thin rods but they can take some abuse. I had a turbo'd D15B2 and I was pushing 12 psi on the stock bottom end, although I did blow a rod through the girdle eventually but only after a year of abuse! Another friend of mine made 202 whp @ 11 psi on his bone stock D15B2 and it's still running. If your only shooting for only 140 whp, I believe the stock rods can take it.

#16 ·
its not what they can safely rev it... its more what they make power at. i shift at 7500 on my turbo d15b vtec. and it seems to be the fastest. i dont know if you have any work done. or what your set up is. but you need to get it on a dyno. and see whats the deal. if your going n/a and your ok for smog or what ever. i love this set up i have posted it before. its a z6/a6 mini me. high comp pistons with a big nonvtec cam good header itb's with methanol. of course all the lil stuff should be taken care of .. valve train and regular seals belts ect. should see 160+. with it tuned right. and that would be fun. mild port work and gearing with lsd and susp. would be quite the mover ina lil car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.