Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 EJ
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok..so im not rdy for a boost project yet(in college and i drive to hard to have a boost project and be broke 90% of the time, lol)..so ima go with a d series n/a.

i have a 1992 Honda Civic Hb VX 2092lbs, i have Full Omni Sport drag Coilvers(best ive ever had)

the motor that is in there now is the D15Z1 and is soo slow its not even funny, slow to the point where i can be going 80mph and hit a hill and ill drop to 60mph (with my foot still to the floor).

i have these extra parts that ive been pickin up here and there.

i got a D16a6 (longblock)
D15B7(longblock)
and a 95 Z6 head thats been hot tanked and P&P

i know that if i go with a mini me swap, ima need to find a better tranny (other then the VX 1) and prolly another ECU. but my thought for a set up was..

the Z6 head ontop of the VX bottom with Z6 intake mani,Z6 Injectors and Z6Fuel rail. and either a Y8 or Z6 tranny maybe a Y7..

my 1st question is...can i use the VX ECU?..or would i have to find a P28?

and my second Question is..with all the parts i have listed there..would would be the best set up for a N/A build. best Bang for what i got?and yet still be somewhat reliable...ill mod it pretty hardcore once i get it all assembeled. but im really just trying to stay away from boost. i want yalls opinions on what set you would run with what i got..even if u would add certains things to it IE Pistons from anotehr motor or Rods or a Aftermarket cam
thxs for reading and for your opinion...

-Chris L.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Start with the stickies :p

Don't forget to get a adjustable z6 timing gear to get the timing right.

What ecu came with your car? a p07? You could use the stock computer and have it chipped. Also a chipped po6 with vtec conversion. a p28, I think you'de have to do something with the o2 sensor.

Trans: some type of ex/si trans would have better gearing unless you're willing to swap gears around from a few transmissions

Pistons: Maybe some z6 pistons. with the stock z1 rods and z6 pistons in a d15 block you'd be ~ 10:1 compression

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could also run a pm6 ecu, if you wire it right thats what im going to be running in my 91 hatch with a d16z6.But make sure you get it chipped,If so and any ecu named off for you so far will work.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Use that Z6 head on the A6, best setup possible there... Get that adj. cam and get an EX/Si tranny. The P07 was originally used with the vtec-e motor, I forget the block id. But I ran my Z6 swap in my VX with the P07 for a little while w/o a problem. Only thing is that I cannot remember if and when the vtec will work/kick in. But it will let the motor function...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts