Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have a quick couple of questions. I have a d16a1 and the td03u distributor needs to be replaced. Obviously I'd prefer an OEM one, but junkyards don't have it, forum for sale sections don't seem to have it, and a new one is worth more than my car.
So I found this one: TD03 Brand New Distributor Honda Civic 88-91 1st ZC DOHC - Distributor and I'm thinking about getting it, but considering it's an aftermarket one and this place seems to have a bad rep for engines, I'm not sure.
Plus, the description says it's also compatible with the d16a6. Is that true? I've done a lot of searching and from what I can figure, no distributors are interchangeable with this engine except obviously zc, d16a9, d16a3, and all the other engines that are basically the same as this.
If this one is not any good, then are there any aftermarket distributors you guys can recommend? Or if somebody has an OEM one they can sell me, that'll be even better! I don't have the required number of posts yet so I can't check the classifieds section yet :eek:nline2long:

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
the A1 distributor does not contain the CYL sensor, it is driven off the exhaust cam. You may be able to make this work (re-pinning/rewiring the harness, etc.)?

·
Registered
178 Posts
3-sensor dizzy have crank sensor with different number of teeth, so if it is off d16a9 or another obd1 engine it will not work with obd0

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when I parted out my A6 head I sold the distributor to a guy with a A1. He said that it bolts right up and works...
Really? Damn, I already bought the richporter one from Amazon. Oh well, everybody loves this one so I should be happy when it arrives this week. Using my truck as a DD right now and I can't wait to drive something with good MPGs again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts