Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My D16Z6 is making a ticking noise. I want to say it's light but I can hear it with the hood down. I hear it at idle, but if I give it just a little gas it goes away. I'm thinking it might be a injector. I just changed the oil. I might go get a different filter. It's a fram and it didn't go on that great. It seemed a little tighter then normal. Not really tight though.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
do you hear when you push the clutch in? If not, could be an IB in the tranny.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
woops... well that eliminates that... lol

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Adjust valve lash?

If the injectors are stock, they shouldn't be making a lot of noise.

An ISB in the trans will cause a "whining" noise in the trans and will go away once the clutch is pushed down. And you can put your head near where the trans/block meets and hear it very well.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
they also make a ticking sound when they are bad... and when they get real bad they make crazy grinding sounds... but that's off topic as this is an auto

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Unless you're boosted and running DSM injectors (know for ticking noises, as did my 240cc Lancer injectors) I'd have to say a simple valve lash with help that. Maybe not cure it, but could definitely help.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I agree with the above. As long as you didn't recently do something to damage the motor a VA should take care of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts