Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im boosted again and better this time.. almost got all my bugs worked out but i have the older style 50mm tial bov, i bought it with the 7 psi spring because i read before purchasing hondas like the lightest spring, it was all the way open at idel then would close with very little gas, i shimmed it as much as i can keeping the spring in the hole to keep it centered, and got it down to barley having a gap, ive hear you barely want to see the o ring and mines all the way exposed plus alittle.. with my -19 vac tial calls for the 11psi spring, but id hate to go to big and not be able to go down, so should i get the 9psi and if its not enough shim it, or will i not be able to shim it enough..thanks ahead

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I had the lightest spring on my turbo setup, it would be cracked at idle, just enough to barely see into the pipeing, never had a problem with it!!

Oh and i started wih wha tial recom. But it never blew off, then went one lighter got some blow off, then to the lightest(w/small shim) and it was titts.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats about where i am not where i can barely see into the piping, guess ill run it for a while and see how it dose..i might just get the next stiffer spring so i can take some of the shims out and have more room to work with.. thanks for the input

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
problem solved ordered the 2nd softest spring believe it was white and put 2 washers in to get barely cracked at idel
Any idea with size spring it was? Ill be ordering a 50mm wastegate probably next wk and it comes with a 8psi spring. And would rather have all my problems solved before last min.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts