Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have searched and read a lot of threads and maybe I missed one, but I can't find anything that tells exactly how to install the thrust washers. When I was tearing my engine apart the thrust washer fell out so, I have no clue as to where they go. This is my first rebuild and it's a Y7 block that I am rebuilding with a Y8 Head. If anyone can tell me how to replace the thrust washers or even point me to a thread that tells how to. Like I said I have found quite a few good DIY threads on rebuilding, just the ones I have read don't tell about the thrust washers. I also, have the helms manual, but haven't found it in there either and I'm wanting to start the rebuild tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
do you have the girdle handy? if so, look at the center "cap", as it were. take notice of the two groves on either side. its the only one to have said "groves". that is where the thrust washers go.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
pg 7-20 of the 96-98 Civic Helms

Also, they don't go on the "center" #3 journal.

They go on #4 Main journal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I must of completely missed that page when I was looking through there. Was hoping to start this today, but the rebuild kit isn't in yet. So will have to wait until it gets here. Again thanks

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Also, the thrust bearings will have grooves cut in them...they'll face outwards toward the crank.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks just grabbed the 96-98 manual on there. Going to print out the pages I need and get started on this tomorrow morning. The rebuild kit just came in a few mins ago so, I should be set now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts