Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 91 crx Si is finally getting the motor torn apart. I got to the crank removal and now here I found the thrush washer has a weird mark on it. Can anyone tell me if this is cause for concern. Of course all new factory parts will be put back in the lower end.

A few other questions:
do the factory bearings have marks on them. I got some that say df1 and df0. I just want to know if anyone has been in this motor before. Its got 265k on it.

Also, the car has been in my garage since may.... of last year. Is that gas gonna be a problem or will it be ok. Or will I be looking at replacing the pump and shit.

Pic of thrush washer. I just opened a Photobucket account to do this

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I would drain the gas and start fresh. That thrust dose not look normal to me but with a old motor like that you will have wear. Looks like it starved for oil for just a sec the other problem with thrust washers is if you ride the clutch a lot it puts constant pressure on one side thrust.

The bearings look normal. Just make sure can get your crank polished and cleaned and you should be fine. Tell them to polish the thrust surfaces too.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. I guess ill be draining the 20 bucks worth of gas its got left :eek:.

The crank looks good. I guess I can have it polished. That doesn't effect what bearing it should use right? I also heard that these crank surfaces ar coated and to not have them turned. I don't know if polishing would remove the coating or not

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thanks for the response. I guess ill be draining the 20 bucks worth of gas its got left :eek:.

The crank looks good. I guess I can have it polished. That doesn't effect what bearing it should use right? I also heard that these crank surfaces ar coated and to not have them turned. I don't know if polishing would remove the coating or not
With a polish they take off very little material maybe .0005 aka half a thousandth if that so using stock bearing will be fine you will just have a hair more clearance. I am unaware of honda cranks being coated. Getting a crank turned down will result in you needing bigger bearings.

I know the last few builds I have done are running with a polished crank.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. Car is all stock and had some aftermarket no name clutch. I just never seen a thrush washer look like that before. It looks like the motor is virgin too, no one has been in there before. Judging by how the oils pan gasket broke in to 100's of pieces I would say no one has even has the pan off

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well with that many miles, I really wouldn't say the wear is all that bad. Mine were destroyed after about 10k with a CC stage4
Thanks Keith Stone. Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts