Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94' 6 puck clutch on a motor thats going into my 90' si. Will the 90' si throwout bearing work with the 94' clutch? Will the 94' bearing fit my 90' tranny? Need help asap, so any will be appreciated :smile: .

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here, I hooked the trans up to the motor. But the the pedal goes 3-4 to the floor before hitting the clutch (cable adjuster is all the way out).

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Cable and hydro throwout bearings are different in the way they are installed in the trans. It doesn't matter if you use a clutch disc from a 92+ with a 88-91 trans.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what could cause the clutch pedal to sink to the floor 3/4 before touching the clutch to disengage it? The cable aduster will not go any further.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pedal bracket broke a while back and I welded it back into place. I will try and swap the cable, but it seemed ok to me.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok checked the cable tonight, its fine. Took the clutch off, seems like the pressure plate dosen't spring out as far as my stock one did. Could this be because it is a stage 3, 6 puck clutch? What would be a suggestion on fixxing this, new clutch for a 90' si?

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
The clutch shouldn't be the problem, unless because it's a 6-puck AND from a 92-95. I have a stock replacement PP/clutch for a 92-95 in my 91 B2/Z6 mini-me with a 91 Si trans. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same thing I was thinking. I will go to my other garage tomorrow to look at the trans that came with the 94 motor to see if theres a difference in the bearings.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went out and bought a 90' Si clutch today and it works great now. If anyone needs a 6-puck clutch and pp for a 94' civic let me know, open to offers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts