Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic DX
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 civic is have some sort of issue. i was driving it th other day when the check engine light turned on then the speedo died. I was tring to get home then all the lights in the car started to pulse, and then the tach dies. I get it home and figure its the alternator. i had a friend check why the engine light was on and it said ELD high or ELD low. i cant rember the code. I have a new alternator and i drove it the day after i get it back and then the spedo dies and now all the lights are looking dim. was the alternator the problem?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like a power connection too me check the terminals. Just a thought a buddys eclipse did it once. Figures too.... I have to help a my friend with their dsm's their all slowly getting honda's lmao

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic DX
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure, i went to drive it this morning and the lights are all yellow and dim, and i tried my wipers and it was really slow. it still starts fine but im just baffled as to what i need to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hmm my mx-3 did something similar to me once or twice. have u tried removing the neg. battery cable and resetting the ecu? mine was just some odd computer glitch.

·
Premium Member
4G93 Turbo
133 Posts
Check your ground cables. Sounds like you have some oxidation on the terminals. Do not drive like that. Low power like that can burn out electric motors. Fan blower, Wiper motor, and it can fry your ECU.

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic DX
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problem has been solved. apparently in the wiring harness that goes underneath the intake manifold had rubbed my speed sensor bare and caused all the problems. I got a new altenator any how.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts