Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... so ive got this knocking coming from the trans. it goes away when the clutch is engaged. so i am almost positive the throw out bearing is bad. so if i am taking out the trans i might as well upgrade the clutch and flywheel also. so i swap everything and throw the trans back on start it up and it is still knocking is it possible that the throw out bearing that act gave me is also bad, is the throwout bearing just rattleing on the fork, is the slave cylinder not performing right? any one else have this problem please help

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mine clutch does something similiar. It seems that when the clutch is engaged or when it's in nuetral( as long as the pedal isn't pushed in) it makes a sort of whining noise. But when I press the clutch pedal in the noise goes away. Now it didn't start doing that until after I changed my timing belt at 87,777 miles. It now has 99,000 roughly. Seeing as how I think mine might be the thow-out bearing as well. But I am going to replace thee clutch soon and I'll just ahve to wait and see if that fixes the problem. As far as your problem goes, you say there is a rattling in your trans? Is it hard to shift gears? If it's hard to shift gears maybe your shift rails are damaged. If your not mechanically inclined it might be a good idea to have someone who is or just have a shop take a gander at it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shifting is smoothe as silk replaced the bearing clutch and flywheel and its still there i think i might tear it down and take a look if nobody can help me out here with this lil problem

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the isb bearing was shot so i just got a jdm trans with lsd throwin her on then rebuilding the other one to start the conversion on the auto 96... thanks for the help

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
i have this sound too; super knock when clutch is out, perfect when clutch is in. it's impossible to tell if it's throwout or mainshaft bearing until you remove the trans...

I have a feeling it might be the throwout on mine since i put almost 100% lucas oil stabilizer in there and it did not change noise level at all vs. the MTF...that Lucas stuff has always diminished noise such as this at least a LITTLE...not this time.

Oh well, i have a d15b trans coming, i really am trying to figure out the benefits of adding an SRR 4.5 or 4.7 and if all the 92-00 FD's are the same fitment.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
kommon_sense said:
99.9% sure that the SRR FD's won't fit in the jdm d15b tranny.
fill me in! what is the diff. between the sohc hydro trannies in terms of fitment-

first things first; will the d15b tranny bolt to my y8? i was always under the impression they (z6/y8/d15bvtec) were the same where it matters, sans minor differences like shift forks etc..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts