Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed a new throttle body cause my other one was worn.

Now when i hit the throttle, and let it off softly, the throttle will stay open...when i checked, the throttle wheel is not coming to its original position, it is just staying slightly forward.

On my afc, it shows 0.4-4% depending on how lightly i left off the throttle.

Now if i let off the throttle really suddenly, it goes to 0.0% no problem....

What is going on here?

Its causing my idle to be a little higher..but not too much.

Thanks!

·
Registered
291 Posts
spray some wd-40 on the spring then keep opening and closing in both direction till it moves more freely. do this with engine turned off of course. let me know how it goes. wat do you mean by "worn:?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did both of these......no go.

The throttle cable isnt sticking i dont think. Its a pretty new throttle cable.

It has to do more with the throttle wheel than the cable anyhow.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I still say wd-40, keep playing with butterfly if no go, then my next guess is maybe a vacuum problem somewhere affecting idle?!?! Was this throttle body new or just from another vehicle? :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its from another car.

But i sprayed the spring for like a good 5 minutes, while opening and closing....and nothing....

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
unless you did something wrong, sounds like you got a shit throttle body to me. is the spring between the rotor and body installed correctly?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, its happened to 2 throttle bodies now. Its weird.

It is in fact the spring between the rotor, and the body dragman99.

·
Registered
same^^^
678 Posts
I suppose it could just be your adjustment on the throttle cable. It seems to me, since this has happened on 2 different throttlebodies, that it's installer error. You want a little slack in the cable when it's properly adjusted.

If this is not the issue, pull the t/b off, loosen the screws on the throttle rotor(butterfly) and open and close it. This could center the rotor better and might help avoid the butterfly colliding with the wall at narrow throttle.
Hope this helps!
-josh-

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do i have to take it off to adjust it?

Cuase it wasnt doing it when i first installed the throttle body...it started happening after like 2 weeks of driving.

·
Registered
ej1
533 Posts
im haveing a similiar problem with mine and i have tried about everything....not sure what it could be

·
Registered
same^^^
678 Posts
**napolean dynamite**maybe clean the darn thing ot once in a while, gosh!**napolean dynamite**

lol, just playing. Try some brake cleaner on a rag, and wipe that sucker down behind the rotor. Maybe filter oil and dirt are causing your a dilemma.
-josh-

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe, i didnt think of that....could just be build up....but before i put it on, i cleaned it out really really well.

I just dont see what else it could be.

I know its the throttle wheel causing it cause i can manually close it and it goes back to normal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PROBLEM SOLUTION:

To fix this problem, there is a stopper bolt on the underside of the throttle body. It keeps the rotor in place. Over time the grease can move it up, and move the entire bolt up, making it so the throttle never reaches zero again.

Loosen the nut. Move the bolt down 2 turns to the left. Then WHILE holding the bolt, screw the nut back up.

Problem solved!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts