Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This usually only happens when the engine is cold, but when I hit the gas in second theres major lag. Its like it takes a couple of seconds for the car to pick up. Then when its warmed I don't notice it. Is that normal?

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
well see my car does the exact same thing, when its cold its hard to start and when i do start it its lke the the throttle does the exact oppisite, until it warms up a little.

i'm starting to think its my cts or iat

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
starts like a champ. I just put this d15b into my 94 dx. I havent worked out the bugs and this is one I want to fix. Could it be that I need to adjust the throttle cable?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
try cleaning the iacv.
just a thought

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
interested in the outcome of this

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks Im going to screw with it this weekend. The other day I was parked on a hill facing up. When I tried to leave it super bogged down. Its like you give gas and it takes a few seconds to catch up. Then when its warm theres no issue. I will say though when it runs good its sweet. Thanks to all you guys for the help and screw that guy on Craigslist that sold me an $80 bunk ecu and prolonged my absence of VTEC. And no love for the B series haters who say VTEC on D series isnt noticeable, its not like NOS but its way louder and the speedometer creeps up faster. The EX tranny upgrade is a 100% must. Peace.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
starts like a champ. I just put this d15b into my 94 dx. I havent worked out the bugs and this is one I want to fix. Could it be that I need to adjust the throttle cable?

you have a jdm d15b vtec right. not a b7? what ecu are you using?

it may just be the tune. the p06 having enough of a different map to run the d15b a little funky in some areas. when the o2 kicks in it probably runs fine. How's accelerating, WOT/top end?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok thanks Im going to screw with it this weekend. The other day I was parked on a hill facing up. When I tried to leave it super bogged down. Its like you give gas and it takes a few seconds to catch up. Then when its warm theres no issue. I will say though when it runs good its sweet. Thanks to all you guys for the help and screw that guy on Craigslist that sold me an $80 bunk ecu and prolonged my absence of VTEC. And no love for the B series haters who say VTEC on D series isnt noticeable, its not like NOS but its way louder and the speedometer creeps up faster. The EX tranny upgrade is a 100% must. Peace.
then you got something wrong dude cause i just put the same engine in my ek and it was doing the same thing until i got it chipped. then ran like a dream. just an idea

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
the timing belt being off even just 1 tooth will cause this same thing. if you cant find any other cause it wont hurt to pull the balancer and covers and confirm your belt is right. this is even more tricky when you start mixing and matching heads and blocks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
well i got my d15b from tiger japanese motors online so the timing belt should not be off one tooth unless some japanese guy changed the timing belt and didnt know what he was doing lol. I can shut off my engine after it warms and it will start fine its only when its cold, do you think ignition timing maybe??????

·
Registered
30 Posts
well i got my d15b from tiger japanese motors online so the timing belt should not be off one tooth unless some japanese guy changed the timing belt and didnt know what he was doing lol. I can shut off my engine after it warms and it will start fine its only when its cold, do you think ignition timing maybe??????
Some other guy posted a thread just like this one not two weeks ago. He needed a new throttle position sensor, coolant temperature sensor, and some other sensor i forgot about. But the main source of his problems came from an old/faulty Coolant Temp Sensor and his TPS was in need of some cleaning (use MAF sensor spray, it works like a charm for carbon deposits). So, try those two sensors if you haven't already. best wishes

Granny Wagon
237 Posts
This usually only happens when the engine is cold, but when I hit the gas in second theres major lag. Its like it takes a couple of seconds for the car to pick up. Then when its warmed I don't notice it. Is that normal?
started happening to my d15b2 recently, iat connection was wet, dried it and prob disappeared.
might check dissy timing if you haven't? ECU runs on correction maps til it's warm, spark timing might be way off if dissy's out far enough.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts