Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a throttle body spacer for my D series for freem from a local shop it says it Increase your low to mid-range power and torque, plus boost fuel economy. My question is it worth installing or is it a waste of time. I was thinking of putting it on my z6 while I wait for my SOHC ZC. But I dont know anyone who has use a throttle body spacer are the even worth the time to install??, thanks
-George

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
ya i know it works on V8's. its supposed to help because of the helix bore inside is supposed to help the A/F mixture and make it more efficient. But its free, so who cares

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The only thing I can see it doing is increasing plenum volume.

I don't think a helix cut could have any effect at all on how well the air and the fuel mixes since the air makes a 90* turn before it goes down the runners and the fuel is spraying right at the intake port. Now, if you're talking carb spacer, it's a whole different ballgame.

The surface area of the throttle body is so small that if the spacer was lowering temps, the performance gain would be unmeasurable.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
ive always been told on a honda a tb spacers difference would be so minimal that you wont even notice but its free. aqnd if you got time to do it why not but not sure it will do anything for ya

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
i dunno what the fuck all you guys are talking about. have you actually used one? I have. it made a noticeable difference in throttle response and I picked up like 2-4 mpg. went to steady 37 city.
sike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.