Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm in the process of doing a build. so i have 3 different tb and i'm having a problem in chosing one out of 2 of my tb. here's the problem i own a D16z6 tb, a 95 gsr tb and a B18c tb. now i'm building my motor w/ high comp and i'm only placing a im, tb and cai just till i break in my motor then i'm going to drop in cbr600rr itbs. here's my pics w/comments/questions:

this is my D16z6 tb i have it just as a model to look at. i won't be using it.

now this is a 95 gsr tb i want to use but the exiting lil pipe from the FITV is facing forward and how can i turn it around so it faces the firewall so i can connect it to the IVAC?

now i just bought this B18c tb from e-ghey very cheap. my question is it doesn't have FITV it's more like a straight piping or a bypass. will this effect my idle on a d16a6? second it also doesn't have a vaccum piping on top of the tb which goes to the charcoal canister which means i would have to t-line another vaccum line some where so i'll have that line going to the charcoal canister? nad finally how the hell do you take off the damd TPS from another tb so i can put it on the B18c tb?

i hope i made some sense with these questions...

·
Registered
510 Posts
now this is a 95 gsr tb i want to use but the exiting lil pipe from the FITV is facing forward and how can i turn it around so it faces the firewall so i can connect it to the IVAC?
You could just get some hose from the auto parts store and run that. Just make sure you get a hose that can handle hot coolant. Or you can take the FITV off your Z6 TB and put it on the GSR one... If I didn't want to take that one apart I would prolly go to the junk yard and pull one. Just FYI I had to buy new gaskets for my FITV when I replaced it.

will this effect my idle on a d16a6?
It's going to make it hard to start cold. Once its warmed up it should be normal. But if you're going to be running ITBs late I wouldn't worry about it.

Think of it like a choke.

second it also doesn't have a vaccum piping on top of the tb which goes to the charcoal canister which means i would have to t-line another vaccum line some where so i'll have that line going to the charcoal canister?
The canister is just for emissions so you can work it out however you would like to including removing it. (unless you're in cali where they care about that stuff) The point here is to make sure you're not creating a vacuum leak.

nad finally how the hell do you take off the damd TPS from another tb so i can put it on the B18c tb?
Use a dremel or a hack saw to cut a slit in the cap and then take a flat head screwdriver and screw it out. Make sure to adjust the TPS too. Here's a link:

http://www.integra.orcon.net.nz/tps

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks man your the second person that gave me the same advice. i'm in the process in leaning the ups and down on removing the charcoal canister.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts