Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was experiencing some rough idling occasionally, so I took a look.
I found this:-

any idea where this outlet(or inlet) should be connected?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It doesnt need to be connected unless you drive the car in brutally cold weather, like sub zero temps. What idle issues are you having?

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
I'm going to assume that's a 3rd Gen zc. No fast idle throttle valve. Those nipples are coolant passages for the throttle body like previously stated.

Idle issues can be caused by a multitude of things.
So o.p. you have ALOT of info to hand out.

What ecu are you running

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, it is a 3rd gen ZC (or D16A9) depending on where you are.
Car is on OBD0.
The car is idling at about 1200rpm now, and sometimes the engine will "skip" a beat whilst waiting at the lights regardless whether the A/C is on or off.
I need to crank the engine for about 4-5secs before the engine starts.
I have replaced the IACV but the symptoms persist.
And, my throttle is bored to 58mm.
Thanks for advising.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
If you had some vac leak, your WARM idle would be over 900 rpm. Cold would be over 2000, presuming that's a cold-idle "dashpot" connected to the TB pulley. 1200 rpm is too high, but it won't be causing the misfire (if that's what a "skip" is).

Sounds like it could be more of an ignition or fuel issue. If one (or more) injector is clogged, one cylinder will run lean while the other 3 run slightly rich & lead to lean misfire. If it's ignition issue causes a misfire, it will miss and pop after that unburnt fuel enters the exhaust.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you had some vac leak, your WARM idle would be over 900 rpm. Cold would be over 2000, presuming that's a cold-idle "dashpot" connected to the TB pulley. 1200 rpm is too high, but it won't be causing the misfire (if that's what a "skip" is).

Sounds like it could be more of an ignition or fuel issue. If one (or more) injector is clogged, one cylinder will run lean while the other 3 run slightly rich & lead to lean misfire. If it's ignition issue causes a misfire, it will miss and pop after that unburnt fuel enters the exhaust.
Thanks. I will check the ignition and injectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts