Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic dx coupe
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my boy has a spare f22 throttle body laying around and i was wondering if it will just bolt right up to my intake mani (d15b7) with out much hassle

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic Cx
1,276 Posts
i have an F22 TB also, i was thinking bout doing a spacer...will that even help lol. just wondering,
Also not trying to take over thread just asking.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
i have an F22 TB also, i was thinking bout doing a spacer...will that even help lol. just wondering,
Also not trying to take over thread just asking.
No...The only half decent place for puttin a spacer would be on the intake manifold. I know the DOHC zc has one where the gasket goes. The only other one I know of, is for the f22 engines and its a plenum spacer. The plenum space helps the intake charge, builds up more air in the intake manifold then sucks it all in at higher rpms. I don't really remember much about the Tb spacer, I just know it doesn't work well. Sorry for the ignorance haha.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
I don't know how bigger is the diameter of f22 vs stock d16/d15

Supposing it's bigger. I don't see any benefit putting it on a stock manifold unless it's port matched.
The f22 is a 60mm I measured it. When I looked into my intake manifold after I put on the 60mm TB (manifold not port matched) The TB was smaller then the manifold diameter...

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic Cx
1,276 Posts
ya, i was going to by a Skunk2 Mani, and buy a Blox 76mm TB. I think that would be good right? or wut mani should i buy?

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic Cx
1,276 Posts
ok, it will be alot cheaper too haha.
thanks.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
ok, it will be alot cheaper too haha.
thanks.
Not a problem, just remember if you want to feel some kind of gain the manifold should be ported. And match it with the 60mm TB. :td: gl hope everything goes well with the swap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts