Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 civic hatch back
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna be sending out my throttle body out to king motorsports for p&p and i was wondering what gasket should i use; they gonna bore it out to 59.75mm can i use the gasket off of b16A2? would it block the coolant hole? any help is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i bet it would. i would get a b16, gsr, prelude, accord gasket, depending on what was in stock. all of them are for 60mm tb so any should work. i think. someone double check me.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
i bet it would. i would get a b16, gsr, prelude, accord gasket, depending on what was in stock. all of them are for 60mm tb so any should work. i think. someone double check me.

accord will not work. dont know about the prelude. all b-series should be fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your probably better off buying one of those "plastic" gaskets. They sell them for like $16 I believe. Its better then buying a stock one and you don't have to replace them when you remove your throttle body again. It saves you time and money in the long haul. You can port match the gasket with a dremel.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Your probably better off buying one of those "plastic" gaskets. They sell them for like $16 I believe. Its better then buying a stock one and you don't have to replace them when you remove your throttle body again. It saves you time and money in the long haul. You can port match the gasket with a dremel.
i have never had a problem reusing my stock gasket. you just have to be careful when you take your tb off.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have almost never been able to reuse the tb gasket, even when it was fairly new.

The stock gasket doesn't match up exactly with the throttle opening. It's probably big enough already to fit with no modification.

I'm trying a thermal gasket on my tb as we speak. It definatley keeps the tb cool to the touch, while the IM you can barely keep your hand on it without it burning you. But my idle is 300RPM too high now and adjusting the idle screw and even disconnecting the IACV don't help. So I'm thinking that the gasket does't compress well enough to seal. But I'll have to get back to that later.

Basically, there are two types of B and D series tbs. One type has no FITV, and the other does. 92-95 Civic and 94 + LS Integras have the FITV mounted to the underside of them. 90-93 Integras and Integra type R's don't.

My question is why the hell are you wasting your money boring out a TB when you can just buy a B18A or B18B and it's plug n play, larger diameter, and cheaper than paying someone to bore your tb which compromises the integrity of it anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.