Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assembled some various older stereo components I had around. Deck is an Alpine 149BT and all 4 speakers are JVC Drvn series. Sounds real nice without being over the top.

·
Registered
00' Ek, 79'z28
7 Posts
wow clean job .. ive kinda pondered with the idea of some sort of system in my hatch just so used to a trunk with massive boxes and what not wasnt really sure how to go about making "stream line " setup

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Are those narrow angled back boxes? Looks good. Hows the sound as far as depth for rock songs and such?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I was going for clean and light. I used a couple products I have never tried before, Stinger 6 channel flat rca and Street Wire 9 conductor speaker wire (4 pairs plus amp remote turn on lead). I made a spare tire cover from 1/2 mdf, mocked up where I wanted to mount everything and then drilled appropriate holes through the mdf to feed wiring. Still have to screw down the amps and d blocks, and change out the ground wiring to black wire. Only had red and I wanted to have it functional while I waited for my wire to come in. I will get more pictures of the box tomorrow, it was originally meant for a truck. It sounds real good listening to all sorts of rock, including hardcore with fast tight basslines. The response is quick and crisp with the 8s in a sealed small volume box. Lacks the huge hit of some 10s or 12s but still really thumps, I find myself using the remote bass control knob when switching from rock to EDM or rap. I'd like to upgrade the 4 channel amp and swap out the 2 8s for one JL 8w7 later on.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Nice setup, I would like a single 10 inch sub but don't want to deal with a bunch of crap to get to my spare tire. During winter I usually carry two studded snow tires in my trunk plus a full size low pro hf jack

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that would be tricky with the two tires and stuff but I'm sure you could make it work. With my setup I just flip the whole thing up and can have the spare out just as quickly as stock. Maybe mount your amp on the seat back and keep the sub over in the corner and you'll still have room for your spares and jack

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
I went for lighter set up too, ditched my old 100lb box (2,000rms)and went with a 10" under my seat. (Ended up w a nice 25lb sub/box and still have 600rms watts)

I do really miss the deeper bass though of a bigger sub

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
I have 2 lanzar 8's in my trunk in a 3/4 mdf box. The whole setup with amps is 60lbs but it hits nice. I'm planning a lighter setup when I get my crv. Gonna go glass in the rear with a space saving design on 2 Fosgate p1 8's I have. Plus a mono amp to drive them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts