Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Hyundai Accent L 1.5 SOHC

Came in because of rough idle feeling as if to die, stalling, oh, surging, Plus a check engine light.

Codes for
MAF, TPS, X2 IAC, p0130 B1S1 o2 code, malfunction lamp code (old bulb).

Cleared all the codes and tps came back only initially. TSB to replace tps, there's also a ECU update for the o2 code. It also had an exhaust leak, which, caused more problems I'll get to later.

So, it left with no codes, with obd2 you have to drive forever to get all the monitors meet. Cat, and evap where not meet.

Comes back with p0121 and p0103 and p0130, and the malfunction lamp fault. Get the go ahead to fix an exhaust leak and the bulb for the cel on the cluster. Found a corroded connector at the maf sensor, replace it. maf and tps codes come back.

Long story short, a new tps, maf was replaced by customer, which I exchanged for another one, the maf connector, ECU update, exhaust pipe upstream of the b1s2 o2, and the cel bulb.

I still have a p0102, p0121, p1123 I believe (rich at idle) and a p0422 cat efficiency something and the evap monitor isn't meet yet which could throw a code.

PS: it ran fine the entire time I've had it.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Good call Foos. I was thinking low battery.... leading to codes from low voltage.

If the car drives fine after the codes are cleared makes me think that perhaps the customer is doing something weird with the car.

Water damage?

How does it run without the maf plugged in at all?

·
Registered
EG Hatch
831 Posts
Man, I've got a 02 SantaFe in the shop right now.. came in for front shocks and lower control arms- seems blown shocks took out the ball joints or there abouts... But it's got a cat code and P1167 a Hyundai specific code that everyone has a different opinion on its meaning. Also needs rear shocks, outer tie rods, sway bar links, rear valve cover gasket, low oil sensor is leaking, oil pan gasket leaking, power steering lines are leaking... It's a mess.. got him out the door for $925 for shocks and control arms... seems like a lot but, only charging $50/hr for labor..

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
2.4 or 2.7?

P1167 O2 Sensor System - Lambda Controller at the Limit (Bank 2)

● Air leakage or restriction in intake or exhaust system
● Dirty engine oil or oil level too high
● Front HO2S or MAFS contamination
● Fuel system
● EVAP system
● Faulty sensor signals

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is due for tabs. I was trying to get him a waiver, customer has already spent $150, but apparently we don't do that...

It's ether the the aftermarket MAF, the computer, and the cat.

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
1st problem right there
I have to agree for the 99.999999. Percent of this Quote. However I had the pleasure of driving a track edition Hyundai genesis. Brembo Breaks,Turboed badassness. In my opinion the only car to date they did right. Funn as all get out. But that's just .05 of my 2 cents.. For whatever it is worth....lolz Kinda Reminded me of a Cross between a late 80s-early 90s 300ZX and a Infinity G35 sport coupe. Or was it G 34.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I've seen bad pcm and clogged mufflers/resonators/cats on that era of Kia Sephia which is pretty much the same thing, I think.
I remember this one Jeep we had... would run like complete shit and bogg out, but NO CEL!! wtf?

Drilled a small hole in the exhaust. Holy fuck the pressure that was coming out of that thing. Clogged exhaust. I would have never thought to drill a hole in the exhaust to check. Plugged it with an NPT fitting after. Boss man showed me up huge that day.

His advice? Never overlook the simple stuff.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chinese maf...no good....how much is a new one?
Guessing quite a bit. Not 100%.

I have to agree for the 99.999999. Percent of this Quote. However I had the pleasure of driving a track edition Hyundai genesis. Brembo Breaks,Turboed badassness. In my opinion the only car to date they did right. Funn as all get out. But that's just .05 of my 2 cents.. For whatever it is worth....lolz Kinda Reminded me of a Cross between a late 80s-early 90s 300ZX and a Infinity G35 sport coupe. Or was it G 34.
oh the genesis is nice.

I've seen bad pcm and clogged mufflers/resonators/cats on that era of Kia Sephia which is pretty much the same thing, I think.
interesting

I remember this one Jeep we had... would run like complete shit and bogg out, but NO CEL!! wtf?

Drilled a small hole in the exhaust. Holy fuck the pressure that was coming out of that thing. Clogged exhaust. I would have never thought to drill a hole in the exhaust to check. Plugged it with an NPT fitting after. Boss man showed me up huge that day.

His advice? Never overlook the simple stuff.

KISS.

This thing runs awesome which killed me. I've done diag. with no codes. My volvo has no onboard diagnostics.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Well I can't wait for an update to this when ever it happens.

Inspect the ECU for green death at the connectors? Any moisture damage?

Rodent damage? Seems to be the season for that these days especially in the NW/mountain areas.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Checked connections at ecu, clean and tight just like I like it.

Well, I don't have the whole scope but an o2 b1s1 and recommendation of a cat,

o2 was working fine when I had it. cycled up and down responded to rapid throttle, Stayed rich at WOT, .....

A snap on solus and factor scan tool showed all the codes, p0422, p0121, p0102, p1123, . Generic mode on both tools and my $300 matco scanner only show p0422.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Did you get it fixed? I got an 02 accent that keeps burning up maf's about once a year. Wierdest thing. Not sure what's causing it but they run about 70 bucks on partsgeek.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really don't know what all the other tech. did.

I seen him replace a o2 and the cat/manifold assembly. it's still here. Not 100% sure.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts