Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
have a stock z6
the head will remain stock with the exception of new vavle springs and any maint. items needed to seal properly.
as for the 252k stock bottom end , im looking at vitarals and the fjt rods in hopes of a healthy 250 at the wheels. I know i need to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 415-450(2.17-2.2) cfm to acheive this. My problem is I want to use a small 16g or other stock turbo to obtain these numbers and based on the specs for the turbo it should be good. As it is some where around [email protected] But i have a(n) jg edlebrock turbo manifold.. I dont thing the flange will work... any help?
Im trying to be budget minded with this build. And sense it is being build from basically ground up and the suspension will get most of the monitary attention and the engine build getting the 2nd most of the monies you can see were im headed... i wont have $1k to spend on the proper garrett or borg warner until possible next season. I really wanted to stay away from the ebay chinese made stuff. and figured a good second hand qaulity made turbo would be better.

I figured some precision 680cc injectors would work nicely

This will be an autox car and a fair weather driver on occasion.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Get some dsm 450cc and a resistor box, to save you some money. You also didn't mention what kinda intercooler you going with. Or how its gonna be tuned. Goto a junkyard you will save yourself some money. Look for a cast turbo mani unless that's what you already have

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get some dsm 450cc and a resistor box, to save you some money. You also didn't mention what kinda intercooler you going with. Or how its gonna be tuned. Goto a junkyard you will save yourself some money. Look for a cast turbo mani unless that's what you already have
looking at a 16x11x3 to mount where the ac condencer was also going to be tuning honda s300. Not sure i want to mess with dsm 450's not sure they will fit the bill id rather have to much ceiling than not enough..!

possible also looking at water to air tubular and using the existing wiper resevior and reversing one of the pumps. mine has two, one for the rear wiper as well. so that one pushes the cold water and the other pulls it back after passing through.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a lot of trouble finding a cast mani for that flange style. But I think they were back ordered. Also xspower makes a flange for this type. Its a T25 flange with no connection for the wastegate. Please let me know if you find something else.
the td05h 16 is a t25 flange? if so the edlebrock also has a t25 flange...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this was the reply i got from hmt.com

The edelbrock turbo manifold has a standard garret t2 flange on it. This flange is found on aftermaket garret turbos (t25xx, t28xx, etc) and factory nissan turbos.

You can use this adaptor to put a standard, single scroll td05 mitsu turbo on the edelbrock manifold. http://www.bmcrace.com/b-t-g-adapter...1cc9rl1i836df1

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what about using stock pistons and just replacing rods and using arp fasteners? I kinda like the idea of a bit higher compression this should allow for quicker spool up.. my thought was the more work the motor does the less demand on the turbo setup...? this is going to be an e85 only car after this build at least while boosted.

thoughts?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Rep for posting cfm.
Id stay away from the ss manifold.
Dsm turbos (t25,16g,14b) have a different flange then the gartte t25/t28.
On injectors the sky is the limit. Bigger now mines no upgrade later. But as others have said 440 can net about 250hp.

Imo I would get an adapter plate for the manifold. Buy make a downpipe. Buy the cooler and make the piping. The more work u do yourself the cheaper in price things get.

O.yea since we all love pix post some when u get parts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts