Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying adjustable ball joints. I am a little hesitant seeing as the price is like 3 times the price of the non-adjustable type. My car is lowered on Eibach Sportline springs and dampers (around 2" lower than stock). Is it worth it to get the adjustable type? What are the benefits? Will stock work just fine?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,814 Posts
I wouldn't unless you had a full race suspension, like different geometry due to custom shock mounts and such, or you are gunna race alot and have upgrade your suspension as such. I know they allow a finer adjustment, but unless you can fine adjust all the other parts of your suspension they dont seem worth the price from my $.02.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The adj ball joints are only good if you need to add or subtract camber. Many people will tell you to simply adjust the toe(since camber is not adjustable stock) and you'll be fine. Depends if you want to drive around with 2-3 degrees camber or not. Personaly, save your money and get an alignment to get your toe back in spec and enjoy the car!

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
I would not, UNLESS, you have severe negative camber OR you want a larger contact patch between the tire and road surface.

I personally use adjustable upper control arms, and have had no issues with them. I have also used ball joints that replace the factory ones with adjustables while working in a shop. It all depends on what your after, or not after.

Here is my review of the ones I am currently using.

·
Registered
178 Posts
lowering civic suspension will result in reducing camber,
dunno what the camber will be, but with -2 degrees and stock toe my tires were gone in like 600 miles from 7mm left to zero 0_o

BTW I use SPC adj ball joints, they are more than ok considering that my car is dd and there's no normal roads back here, more like post-nuclear apocalypse ))

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
The Moog Upper adjustable ball joints that I've bought to put into my CRX and have also used in my Legend (same part number) are some of the best ball joints I've ever had in my hands. They are very well build and much more solid overall than most of the parts store ball joints you are likely considering. I would recommend them if you will get an alignment afterwards, as they will help even out the natural variation in camber between the sides of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.