Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been reading a lot of posts on this site about the D15b vtec engine, some good helpful information so far but I had a question...First, the engine only comes with the top half of the header, will a header off of a Y8 or a Z6 work? If so, what about the o2 sensor, I understand its a one wire on the d15b but 4 wire on US engines...if I were to swap another D series header on, (using my stock CX harness) what to do about the o2? get a 4 wire and wire that in? use the stock one from my b8? kinda confused on that. thanks if anyone can help!

·
Potato salad!
298 Posts
Just about any header from a D will work. My D15B has a two wire 02. So did the original D that was in my 93 Civic HB.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I'm not really sure what I'm talking about with the o2 thing, just stuff I've read which contradicts itself from post to post. did you use what came with the d15 or just what was already on your car? I guess what i wanted to ask is can/will everything from my stock harness (d15b8 ) plug into the d15b (aside from vtec)

·
Potato salad!
298 Posts
Yes, it should. Well, at least on my 93 Civic DX that was the case. We only had to wire up the VTEC and everything else was stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts