Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did the swap dohc zc with hydro zc tranny.. everyone says use the 94-01 integra axles.. thats incorrect they are too short.. and the second you move the car the drivers side one will pop out of the cup on the halfshaft...

what you have to do is get 2 92-00 civic passanger side axles (the shorter one) and get the 94-01 integra axles and take the cups that go into the halfshaft and the one that goes into the tranny on the passanger side and put them on the 92-00 civic axles and then you wont have a problem breaking one....

its alot of work.. i was pissed once i got the car on the ground to find out that it already broke an axle and i didnt even drive it... so this is for those who want to use the hydr zc tranny.. and im pretty shure the cable one is like that too... i remember my friend had to use 2 right side 88-91 si hatchback axles and do the same thing

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hatchkid96 said:
the easiest thing to do is to switch the hydro zc final drive with an si final drive... take that back. the easiest thing to do, would be to buy an ex tranny. same gears as si with a better 5th for gas mileage.
ya but i dont think everyone knows how to tear a tranny apart..i for one dont.. and a little scared of screwin somethin up.. i might one day when i decide to get lsd and a closer final drive but i like the gear ratios of the zc tranny.. it feels a little shorter than my ex one.. 5th gear definately.. but it feels shorter throughout the gears ... maybe im trippin but it is alot smoother than any d tranny ive had... 2 ex's 3 dx's and one crappy cx thats over a period of 6 years.. most of them came with the car.. like the dx and the cx

plus i got the hydro zc and halfshaft from h motors for 200... couldnt even get a d15b non lsd one for that cheap

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well.. theres a problem im having.. havent figured it out yet.. the right side axle is a inch too short.. i tried making one by using the civic shaft and bearings but they are too big.. the teg spider gear bearings are small.. soo.. i havent figuredout what to do yet... when i figure it out i will post it.. i might have to get custom axles for the right side.. well see i will post it

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mods Delete This Post.. I Have Everything Figured Out.. The Information I Stated Here isnot Correct I Will Make A New Post With Pictures

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.