Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I got some problem
I have d16y8 build turbo
BUT my thorttle body is from b series
(62mm) the original 58mm
Is the tps need to show in close .5
And in WOT 4.5 like the original?
Cause i tried the d and the b tpa sensor and i cant got volt under 1.2 in close and max 4.2 v in WOT

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Take the TPS off the throttle body and measure the voltages again. The arm is supposed to sit in a slot between two parallel metal pieces connected to the shaft. If it's sitting outside the slot, it will not be able to come back to its original resting position.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes i know
I read alot of DIY
I tried in the two tps sensor without the thorttle and the min is 1.2 and the max of the tps is 4.27

Is the tps sensor can i reset like another car?
Open the switch in WOT and then close the switch and open again?
Is that work?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
make sure your throttle stop screw is adjusted where it will allow the throttle to close fully. its an allen head under the throttle rotor.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
make sure your throttle stop screw is adjusted where it will allow the throttle to close fully. its an allen head under the throttle rotor.

If the throttle is clean and operates smoothly, that *SHOULD* not need to be touched, specially if the OE mark is there undisturbed.

But it really just seems like his sensor needs to be tweaked a hair backwards. Luckily in Neptune/Hondata you zero non zero'd values lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the throttle is clean and operates smoothly, that *SHOULD* not need to be touched, specially if the OE mark is there undisturbed.

But it really just seems like his sensor needs to be tweaked a hair backwards. Luckily in Neptune/Hondata you zero non zero'd values lol.
The min volt i got from the wire its 1.2/1.3
Whats can be the problem? I still dont resolve that shit...

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
The TPS could be damaged/worn, the signal & 5 volt wires could be shorting, the sensor could have been struck & is mis-adjusted. If you can loosen it, you want to twist the sensor base so it shows ~0.45v - that's more important than WOT voltage. If it still doesn't go that low, check the wires. If they're fine, it's time for a new TPS sensor from ebay/amazon/etc.

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
Bad ground wire, check continuity from connector to t stat and then connector to battery negative. This is the only thing I can think of if the sensor and mounting to throttle are original, bad sensor or bad ground.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
The TPS could be damaged/worn, the signal & 5 volt wires could be shorting, the sensor could have been struck & is mis-adjusted. If you can loosen it, you want to twist the sensor base so it shows ~0.45v - that's more important than WOT voltage. If it still doesn't go that low, check the wires. If they're fine, it's time for a new TPS sensor from ebay/amazon/etc.
Try this first, I suggested you to adjust the sensor. Search how to adjust it, then report back...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok,bought new sensor,same shit
Try to put the original ecu, the car worka better...
So problem is the ecu..
What can be problem in ecu?

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Many things can be wrong internally - if you have to ask, you likely won't be able to fix the ECU yourself.

It would help immensely if you told us what type/code is on the old & new ecu's. It will also be helpful if you tell us what engine management the bad ecu was using. I really hope you don't say "tuned mugen chip" or something like that. If you had an EMS like Neptune, you could set it to use any TPS values.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
So p28/crome for the original and no-name chipped OBD1 ecu for the original? Your extreme brevity is confusing.

I am also curious if it ever ran previously this with that Crome P28. Was the crome tune an actual dyno tune? A street tune? A basemap from a tuner? I've seen MANY Crome "tunes" from self-proclaimed tuners that were just trash.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
P28 crome tune on street
The car was OK
After weak i touch the car thats was happend

1 - 19 of 19 Posts