Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,438 Posts
Slight issues finding a 3 stage head, waiting on rods currently to start notching the block and girdle, searching for an appropriate turbo, intercooler, ect.
I do have my backup Z6 head apart, getting ready to port match a spare intake manifold in case I cant find a 3 stage head that isn't cracked. I also need to source an Hx 3.73 geared s40 trans.
Hondata ecu from xenocron should be here in the next couple weeks so I can start getting swapped over to flex fuel and dialed in.
Dude, progress! Your holding out haha. Down for pics!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
No idea how e-85 tuning is going to work out so I need a baseline before the next stage so I can extrapolate.
Dont worry about ignition timing too much, stock is fine, scaled for boost. Feel free to advance to your hearts content once on the dyno, and find your torque sweet spots lol. With high alcohol concentration, 80+%, and a reasonable/not too crazy max dynamic compression ratio target (no 14:1 static comp with 40lbs of boost haha), youll never really need to worry about detonation. On E with reasonable boost, most of the time you'll safely reach MEP, and safely overshoot it, before you ever see knock. E is sweet lol.

Still, have your det can listening while you creep up the timing if boost is high.

To get it running on E pretty well, add 20% to your base fuel table using the flex modifiers in SManager.

Then simply tune on the lambda scale using your wideband. Lambda 1.00 is always lambda 1.00, regardless of fuel type :)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Static compression will be roughly 9:1, dynamic will depend on what lobe its running and what load its at, so 1 valve mode would likely run until 5 psi, about a 12:1 dynamic, when the second valve opens and stays open til 20°ABDC the boost limit will be somewhere around 12 psi to reach a maximum of roughly 12.5:1 dynamic, on the high lobe with both valves hanging open until somewhere between 28 and 32°ABDC boost could go as high as 28psi before reaching 13.5:1. once I get the pistons, rods, crank done ill start degreeing in the cam profiles to see exactly when ivca needs to be to effectively destroke to 1.55L (2 valve) and 1.4L (high lobe).
Oh yeah, youll have fun on E :) shouldnt ever det under normal circumstances!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts