Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...
im trying to build my civic.
but it needs new interior and suspension and a good amoutn of other stuff.
so...
i need to go the sort of cheap route for a little while.
i know i know. ebay turbo kits ftl.
im ok if something on the kit breaks.
i can replace it then.
but as for right now. i cant spend the 2000 on the autoworks kit i want.
i would like to get this kit. and then upgrade the stuff as i go.
but my question for this is....
does this manifold look a/c compatible.
and if not.. as a t3/t4 turbo can i get a manifold that makes it a/c compatible.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4-D-SERIES-TURBO-KIT-D15-D16-HONDA-CIVIC-EG-EK-SOHC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1210Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem150302830869QQitemZ150302830869

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
listen to me. if you buy this kit for say $800(guessing), and build it piece by piece, you WILL end up spending half again, if not twice as much as you would have spent if u wudda just saved for the autoworks kit. now stop being a noob, save your money and do it the right way first. if you cant afford it, set aside the money for the ebay turbo kit, then just add $200 to the pile each month and youll be there in no time, and you'll save urself a lot of money and dissappointment!

·
Registered
247 Posts
keep a eye on craigslist too. i just bought a garrett turbo with all the piping and intercooler plus a ram horn mani and a turbo xs BOV for $275.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
11,260 Posts
listen to me. if you buy this kit for say $800(guessing), and build it piece by piece, you WILL end up spending half again, if not twice as much as you would have spent if u wudda just saved for the autoworks kit. now stop being a noob, save your money and do it the right way first. if you cant afford it, set aside the money for the ebay turbo kit, then just add $200 to the pile each month and youll be there in no time, and you'll save urself a lot of money and dissappointment!
What he Said ^^^^^^^

I would piece it together. That Turbo Mani Looks too long and might hit your Ac Fan.

Keep Searching for something Else. Don't Rush into it cause you're going to spend money on unnecessary parts (like that kit) and stuff you don't like and upgrade later.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ugh. ok. u guys convinced me...
so....
for now.
ill just get a skunk 2 manifold.
and a light flywheel.
then save and get the autoworks kit...
im selling my turbo/tuned vw passat and i cant stand the slowness lol.
i just need a little more pep to get me till i can fork over the 2k
any suggestions?
i can prolly get get 1000 for now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ps would a greddy kit be an ok kit to start?

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
so....
for now.
and a light flywheel.
any suggestions?
you will be so much happier if you just set the money aside. seriously, go find an envelope, write "turbo savings" on it, and put your $1000 in it. You want some more pep... you will just keep buying the "little things" for more pep, and before you know it you'll have $2000 in pep, and STILL be slow... seriously, save for the turbo... all of it, no manifolds, intakes, cams, just save. ive learned this the hard way along with a lot of other members. you will be so much more satisfied if you just buckle down and drive the "slow car" for just a few months, and then youll have a beautiful turbo kit sitting on your front porch.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
11,260 Posts
you will be so much happier if you just set the money aside. seriously, go find an envelope, write "turbo savings" on it, and put your $1000 in it. You want some more pep... you will just keep buying the "little things" for more pep, and before you know it you'll have $2000 in pep, and STILL be slow... seriously, save for the turbo... all of it, no manifolds, intakes, cams, just save. ive learned this the hard way along with a lot of other members. you will be so much more satisfied if you just buckle down and drive the "slow car" for just a few months, and then youll have a beautiful turbo kit sitting on your front porch.
Kinda sounds like what I'm doing:biggrin:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok... ugh. lol.
ive read it in another thing
but what do yall think about running 6 psi on that autoworks kit on a z6 with about 150k?
untill i can build a new bottom end.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
ok... ugh. lol.
ive read it in another thing
but what do yall think about running 6 psi on that autoworks kit on a z6 with about 150k?
untill i can build a new bottom end.
now ur listening!

which autoworks kit and which turbo?

god idk why im helping you with all these dumb questions, must be in a good mood, count urself lucky :D and hurry, im tired and ready for bed...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
street kit
would like to know the gains of using the garrett or the bullseye.
dont know which one.
and i want to keep a/c.. so....

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
keeping the a/c doesnt matter in what psi you can run.
i would go with the bullseye, they have consistantly been outperforming the garrets, and they dont require an oil restrictor.
im not sure on the cfm rating on those turbos, id say 8-10 psi would be about the right range for you

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea.
i was planning on running about 8 untill i can get the new bottom end. then crank it up a little. lol.
but bullseye ftw?
which one would i get. the v trim or m trim?

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
I say go ahead and buy it then when it doesnt work out for you because I doubt your gonna be able to make it work then you can spend more money with greg. Needs to be more morons like you in America it will boost the economy for sure. From this point on I am no longer telling noobs not to buy these god damn kits its all over this site not to buy this shit. So lets just tell em to buy it and find out the hard way.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
15 psi on the greddy kit, methanol, and s200 will be just up your alley, stock bottom end, just arp head studs injectors and fuel pump. do it.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
so....
for now.
and a light flywheel.
any suggestions?
both those pieces are a waste of money if you are on a stock motor. the sk2 manifold wont help you much more then stock in a boosted application and you wont really need it till you see 350+

never run a lightened flywheel with boost. gay. 90% built boosted guys run stock or a flywheel thats no lighter then 12lbs.

you can piece together a nice 200whp kit for $1000. ebay cast mani, some type of small t3, dsm 450cc, chipped ecu, act puck clutch disc with stock pp. budget people budget.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so... your saying peice together a kit?
cuz im still kinda new as to what all i need...
i guess.

mani
wg
bov
turbo
downpipe
oil lines.
im gonna go try a u pull it.
see if theyve got any turbos in there
or craigslist.
but... with that mani. i need one a/c compatible.
and if im going backwards here just tell me
i know autoworks are great kits
but i also know peicing together is not a bad idea.
any more input on that idea?

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
read this thread about ebay kits. it was written to help educate.
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92749

and the question is, are you building up your bottom end?
if not, theres nothing wrong with a greddy kit. they only thing that ive seen that they lack is a proper engine management. you can find used greddy kits for dirt cheap.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts