Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been NA for the past 3 weeks . Im dying . I had a rubbish turbo setup with stock internals etc. for those of u that remember my posts . i sold everything off and now im going proper D-Series style . i was running a tiny t2 turbo with a cannibalised exhaust manifold which was my old stock one cut up and re welded . stock fuel pump etc and a supra intercooler . the E-manage to tune it ran off in the last few months after tuning and caused my idling to go nuts and wayy too rich . Gonna plan out my new setup now and spend about 3-4 months to get it together .

Engine :
mines fucked , getting a 20kkm mileage one from japan ( its only $400 over here Nyah :p )

GOlden Eagle Block Guard
Tunertoyz rods
Vitara pistons
Crower Stage 2 Camshaft for turbo + retainers / v springs etc.
Pnp Head
440cc RC injectors
200lph Walbro fuel pump
Cast or stainless manifold

and my prized possession that started me back up this path

GT28R i scored for a good price brand new off a local wrx forum .

Hoping to spend the following amount :

GOlden Eagle Block Guard - $100 + shipped here
Tunertoyz rods $225 was it ?
Vitara pistons $120 ( saw this in the marketplace section )
Crower Stage 2 Camshaft for turbo + retainers / v springs etc. $400 ?
Pnp Head ( i can get it locally done )
440cc RC injectors ( $300 shipped here , ebay )
200lph Walbro fuel pump ( can get it locaclly for about US$150
Cast or stainless manifold ( can get it locally for about US$250 )

Total Price . 1200++
Price i paid for the enigne US$420 ( estimate , it was SGD$600)
price i paid for the GT28R US$350

Labour to install all the parts maybe another $500

TOtal amount i want to spend US$2200

Total HP im aiming at 350whp

For tuning i will be using turboedit or crome or something like that . locally we only have piggybacks or full standalones . most tuners never heard of this crome or turboedit things . But i will find one and teach him if i Have to !!

Total time i willing to spend 4-5 months

Thats $400 a month . Which is something im comfortable with .

its time to get it right . I have been taking dried brown weed mixed with normal cig tobacco for too long . Its time for some sticky green shit .

P.S yes i know my english sucks but i was forced to learn 3 languages in school and i think english is my worst .

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
you can save a lot of money if you go with dsm injectors, i bought mine for 70$, which some say was still a little much, all you have to do is buy resistors that will run you a whole 5-10$. if im not mistaken walbro dont have pumps for 200lph, i think its 190lph (just giving you shit ;-)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I got my resistor box at the junkyard for 3 bucks, and I picked up my injectors for around $50. (DSM 450s)

Save yourself the money on injectors man.

C

·
0 Posts
Slowhatch said:
you can save a lot of money if you go with dsm injectors, i bought mine for 70$, which some say was still a little much, all you have to do is buy resistors that will run you a whole 5-10$. if im not mistaken walbro dont have pumps for 200lph, i think its 190lph (just giving you shit ;-)

You can get resistors from Jameco.com for 99 cents per 100 on there! I had to buy a lot of parts off that site for an electronics class. That can ship it fast also.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi thanks for all the feedback .

didnt know turboedit is for OBDo lol . any other reliable tuning programs ? i really dont know about these reflash ECU programs . was thinking of hondata also . could consider that .

Hi what are the resistors for ? DSM 450cc injectors are direct fit to our D16Z6? is it reliable to use a setup like that? DOnt want to unnecessarily risk blowing engine .

·
Registered
371 Posts
Crome, uberdata, it will all work for your car.

DSM 450s will fit, may need a bit of modification but they'll fit. Some do some don't.

All you have to do is wire it correctly and you're good to go. Not hard at all, I just did it yesterday.:)

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i would go witha walbro 255. same price and flows more???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts