Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking through the forced induction section and didnt fined anything on what i should do for my non vtec y7? its obd2 so i have to get it converted to obd1 to chip what ecu? can i run a p28 or something on those lines my friend has a p30? he got it with his 79 mini couper b16 vtec the ecu is from a delsol with a b series vtec i was told it was rare but need a knock sensor or something along those lines
so im getting a greddy turbo kit with a garret 50 A/R for a trade on something i got cheap it comes with everything but inter cooler as he bottomed out and broke it lol
let me know what i should do i want to run low boost on stock internals till i get the rods and pistons off a friend

·
Registered
753 Posts
Any chipped obd1 ecu will work as long as you get it tuned and do the obd1->obd2 conversion right.
And you don't have and don't need a knock sensor ( came on y8 block )
Ive used a p06 because theyre cheaper and easier to find!

·
Registered
385 Posts
You can use a p06. Or any obd1 ecu, vtec, knock sensor, etc can be disabled in most tuning software. Personally i would use a vtec ecu and just disable vtec, that way if you change your mind later and want vtec you can just enable it and not worry about getting a new ecu. That is what i am doing, a p06 with a vtec conversion on my b7/y7.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Any P05 or P06 ECU that has been chipped will work... you only need P28 (or one of the 5/6 with VTEC added) if you are going to run VTEC...

sloopy.

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
Chipped p75 works too
You can use a p06. Or any obd1 ecu, vtec, knock sensor, etc can be disabled in most tuning software. Personally i would use a vtec ecu and just disable vtec, that way if you change your mind later and want vtec you can just enable it and not worry about getting a new ecu. That is what i am doing, a p06 with a vtec conversion on my b7/y7.
No Tec minime!!!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im running a p06 on a y7. Its tunned on chrome that I had a friend of mine do. Depending on what all your using i could give you a basemap thst i have been using. It worked great with my turbo setup at 8lbs of boost until i blew the rings out. But definatley let me know what your using for fuel managment and i cant send you a basemap

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
11,260 Posts
you still need to get a 5spd complete y8 intake manifold with Throttle body or a z6 intake manifold with y8 fuel injectors (or aftermarket fuel injectors) and a y8 or z6 throttle body. And convert your 3wire iacv plug to a 2wire iacv plug.

come on guys. I know you guys had to remember this lol

Then get a obd2 to obd1 ecu jumper harness. I say chip a p06 or p75 ecu.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im getting my 3rd motor soon ;) its a full y8 with everything fully dressed. it comes with a z6 tranny and a skunk2 intake manifold too, im just trading it for my Panasonic double din touch screen deck,
i am reading all this and its starting to make scene to me i know and researched the obd2-obd1 conversion harness i will need a tune but its hard to fined someone where i live

1 - 10 of 10 Posts