Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sohc zc in the car, and im thinking of turbocharging the motor. what parts would you'll recommend that wont cost a arm and a leg.
i was thinking of going with
dsm 450cc inj
dsm 14b t28
manifold * not sure which one?
custom downpipe/ic piping/intercooler
zydyne gold ecu, got the badest tuner ready in gainsville :)
walbro fuel pump
lines,vacuumm hose etc...

anyone think of anything else, whats a nice manfold? im staying 10 psi max.

H

·
0 Posts
You could use an hf manifold and adapter plate. The 14b can also be had for relatively cheap. As far as intercooler, maybe try and get a starion/conquest (dsm sidemounts are cheap, but small). Also, get a boost gauge and bov.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
besides a hf mainfold, what other manifolds are good to use, not $$$$ :wink:

B

·
0 Posts
A cheap log manifold gets the job done, I would want something that flowed better though. I would check out www.johnnyracecar.com for a cheap FMIC intercooler like the one I am using.

O

·
0 Posts
have you ever thought of a basic bolt on kit? if you don't have much expirnece with turbos then you might want to think of a more simple approact while you learn. the end results can be disasterous for your car if you do anything wrong.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah ive thought kits but i dont really like them. i have 'average' knowledge of turbo setups but i have tons of friends that know it inside and out.one of my best friend's is making [email protected] in his hatch. on the tuning side of it,i got that covered.some may have heard of mase-from honda-tech.com, he lives an hour away and i put my trust into his tuning ability. im just looking for a decently nice manifold that doesnt cost anything like a full-race mani.im thinking of going with the dsm1g 14b for quick spool up and im not gonna push a lot of boost.if i can pull over [email protected],thats all im looking for.its still stock bottom end and the head may be upgraded a bit with a cam and valvetrain.has anyone used the zydyne gold ecu, it looks to be a nice piece to tune with and i have access to a wideband to keep everything safe. any info ya'll have would be appreciated guys, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts