Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· nonvtak ftw
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im debating selling my hatch to move onto something else. It will still be a honda just something different. Like an S2000. In order for me to do that i gotta sell this one. What would you pay for it?
Here's whats done to it.
98 Civic Dx Hatch

Engine
B18B OBD1 Swap with boomslang harness
P75 ECU chipped from phearable with crome, Or P75 OBD2 for inspection time.
Hondata intake mani gasket
Blox intake mani
Hayame fuel rail
Megan 4-2-1 header
High Flow Cat
Skunk 2 J-Spec 2.5inch catback With Magnaflow Muffler
Password jdm Magnetic oil Plug
Dual Core Aluminum Radiator
98 GSR S80 Tranny

Wheels
16x7 Rota GT3
205/45 Falken Ziex 512's
New front discs and pads
New rear shoes and drums

Suspension
Skunk 2 Springs
Skunk 2 Rear upper Control Arms
Omni Power Rear Lower Control Arms

Outside
CTR style Grill
CTR style Headlights
Spoon mirrors

Inside
Arm rest eliminator
98 Civic Ex Gauge Cluster
Skunk 2 Dual Bend shifter
Skunk 2 Shift Knob
3rd gen integra drivers seat
New window regulators
Alpine Headunit ipod, sirius ready
Kenwood 800w class d amp
Kicker comp VR the new version in hatch box
Inifinity kappa 6 1/2's in the rear Pioneer 6 1/2's in front
Battery relocated to trunk

· Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
8,117 Posts
i would ask 5,000.00 obo
When you ask for a dollar amount when selling something. You really have to take into account who you are selling it to. If it's to a specific crowd you could ask about that much. But if you are trying to sell to anyone. They really don't care what you have done to it. Most people just NADA or Kelly online the year, make, model, miles and condition and the price goes off of that. You should do the same to give you a general expectation

· nonvtak ftw
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you ask for a dollar amount when selling something. You really have to take into account who you are selling it to. If it's to a specific crowd you could ask about that much. But if you are trying to sell to anyone. They really don't care what you have done to it. Most people just NADA or Kelly online the year, make, model, miles and condition and the price goes off of that. You should do the same to give you a general expectation
Im marketing towards new drivers (kids) i guess. I have no plans of even letting an older person like someones mom even come look at it. The market is very alive where i live and after helping a good friend of mine look at cars around here i realize people ask way to much for cars that are in a word, SHIT. for instance a barley running primer 93 hatch with a ls swap and a untuned FMU'd egay turbo setup for 6 lol. They can blue book it all they want, in my eyes cars like this cant be blue booked. I would never try to trade it at a dealer, they would offer me some bogus low number that would make me wanna fight lol. My car is very clean in person, i change the royal purple every 3k. The thing with buying a car like this is you have to some what know what your getting into as the buyer.

· Hi hater!
15,505 Posts

· nonvtak ftw
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn thats wild there something like that would go for maybe 3 and thats pushing it. There are k swaps that are selling for like7 or 8 that are clean as hell. Imma put the rex up for sale there get me 6 g's and start over
now you see why i have the idea.

Its like having stock's and seeing there value go through the roof.
Time to sell and make out like a bandit.

· Registered
105 Posts
I agree with this assesment but you're probably not going to have a target customer of "anybody" which is good because KBB doesn't have a check box for engine swap:) I think 5500-6000 is a good starting point.

Remember your car is only worth what someone will pay for it.

· Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
8,117 Posts
Im marketing towards new drivers (kids) i guess. I have no plans of even letting an older person like someones mom even come look at it. The market is very alive where i live and after helping a good friend of mine look at cars around here i realize people ask way to much for cars that are in a word, SHIT. for instance a barley running primer 93 hatch with a ls swap and a untuned FMU'd egay turbo setup for 6 lol. They can blue book it all they want, in my eyes cars like this cant be blue booked. I would never try to trade it at a dealer, they would offer me some bogus low number that would make me wanna fight lol. My car is very clean in person, i change the royal purple every 3k. The thing with buying a car like this is you have to some what know what your getting into as the buyer.
In that case ask about a 1,500 to 2,000 more than your willing to take for it. So when you negotiate down, it'll most likely end at the number you had in mind. if they take the inflated price...well you just made 3,000 LOL who says profit is a dirty word.

· nonvtak ftw
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In that case ask about a 1,500 to 2,000 more than your willing to take for it. So when you negotiate down, it'll most likely end at the number you had in mind. if they take the inflated price...well you just made 3,000 LOL who says profit is a dirty word.
I just dunno if 7000 sounds ridiculous even to haggle it down. But funny you say that my friend and i went to Newark to pick up this civic for 5. He put it on craigslist for 6300 a week later and got it a day after he posted it. In pics it looks fine but if your a honda enthusiast and you dissect it, it really looks like shit.

· Hi hater!
15,505 Posts
dont get me wrong i love my car. im just thinking i might as well strike while the market is hot.
Hell I understand for that kind of money you can get another and still have some pocket change
I just dunno if 7000 sounds ridiculous even to haggle it down. But funny you say that my friend and i went to Newark to pick up this civic for 5. He put it on craigslist for 6300 a week later and got it a day after he posted it. In pics it looks fine but if your a honda enthusiast and you dissect it, it really looks like shit.
Man that car looks pretty good in the pic much cleaner than anything in my yard dont know if I would pay 5 for it let alone 6. Hell I payed 2 for my ej and with 4grand saved could have it looking way better than that ya dig.

· nonvtak ftw
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hell I understand for that kind of money you can get another and still have some pocket change

Man that car looks pretty good in the pic much cleaner than anything in my yard dont know if I would pay 5 for it let alone 6. Hell I payed 2 for my ej and with 4grand saved could have it looking way better than that ya dig.
people are just in the right place at the right time for a sale i guess. both him and i both know that car isnt worth over 4. even with the B16a2 in it.

· I can't read...
13,919 Posts

· I
95 Civic coupe
5,552 Posts
why would the first person to reply quote him...

anyways... you would be lucky to get $5000.. but i would ask for $6000... sometimes there are some dumb kids out there with money.. and want exactly what you have to offer..

$6000 OBO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.