Honda D Series Forum banner

Thinking of getting a Skunk2 mani and bored b16 TB...dyno's anyone?

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  j90crx 
ugh.....Skunk 2 intake manifold and a B16 TB should yield around 8-10 WHP~
You might see more if your tune is better.....but dont count on it...Personally, i think the Skunk 2 is a bunch of CrapOla....Ported out Z6 IM and Bored LS TB will do same shit.....if done right, and lest.....if i was going to go with a new IM it wouldnt be a Skunk....mabe for B series....but they do stink....haha Edelbrock, has a nicer manifold.....and the company is backed by 50 years of car building....

the skunk 2 is pretty much identical to the edelbrock and is cheaper ;). I don't care if Vic Edelbrock himself stuck his dick in it and made sweet love to it. It's not worth the difference in price. I'm running a skunk 2 mani on mine and has been fine with the fac tb so far. It dynoed at 195 whp on a dynapack dyno at 8psi-9psi. I'm putting on a different tb when I build it next year.

Yeah....but Skunk 2's quality control can suck ass from time to time....and they have fitmit issues with some civics causing you to bash in ur firewall some to fit the thing.....Besides...Edelbrock knows there shit, and i like the angled desgin of there manifold....gets shit out of the way....better brain storming if you as me...and we should have someone see the difference "if" any at all with both manis Turboed/Supercharged......i bet the edelbrock would come out on top...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.