Honda D Series Forum banner

Thinking about Wiseco Forged

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  DJ 2501 
#1 ·
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=WIS-K546M755&autoview=sku

Who all has run these with high amounts of boost and what are your opinions of them?

Are these my best bet or should I get some srp's.

Eventually I want to run high boost after the engine build so Im not gonna chance vitaras, might as well build it strong now and not have to worry about it.

Also, Id like to know opinions of people that run these on tunertoy rods.

Thanks for helping me as i order parts for my build.

#7 ·
theres a guy that post up a vid of his hatch running 12's with wiseco and TT rods. I think you can search it under "turbod" I'm planning on getting wiseco but I'm gonna be using eagles instead.

#9 ·
Wiseco Piston & Ring Sets
Wiseco’s pistons outgun cast and Hypereutectic pistons, giving you stronger pistons and tighter tolerances than any other part in your engine, with less internal and external machining. Our advanced forging process and extensive heat-treat and finishing process assure you of the performance and reliability you demand from your engine. On and off the street, you can depend on the maximum strength and minimum variance of Wiseco’s aluminum-forged pistons for your vehicle.

Kits Include:
2618 Extruded material & forged for the maximum strength available.
Precision tolerances CNC machining for quality, repeatability & performance.
Crown thickness and ring lands designed for power adders such as forced induction (Turbo's & Superchargers) & nitrous oxide. Higher compression pistons generally designed for naturally aspirated applications.
High Quality Piston Rings featuring alloy steel construction on top ring, cast iron tapered face on 2nd & 3pc oil assembly utilizing stainless expander & carbon steel rails.
Wrist Pins constructed of chrome moly steel material for ultimate strength.
Honed/Reamed pin bore holes for a precise tolerance fit between wrist pin & piston.

Wire circlip lock featuring chrome silicon material for the ultimate yield strength.
Piston deburred for performance & reliability.

Notes:
1. Most Wiseco pistons have offset pins. Pins must be offset the same as OE - Pin offset will be opposite of direction of engine rotation.
2. FRM bores must be "touch honed" with special Sunnen tooling per their recommendations.
- All numbers shown are in inches. Weight is in Grams and may vary from listed.
- Pistons listed with a compression range: Low number is with un-cut deck, high number is with block decked .030 piston to head clearance.
- Always check piston to valve clearance - if using VTEC or like mechanisms, check with longer duration, higher lift lobe.
- Always run at least .030 piston to head clearance including head gasket thickness.

#11 ·
They make great products. Most of the Supercross/Motorcross racers use them and I know TRD pistons were made by them also. Not sure if they still make them for TRD. Good buy for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.