Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and gals I'm going to be upgrading the suspension a little bit this year. So I was thinking

Suspenstion Techniques Front and Rear Sway bars, 1" and 3/4"
ASR brace ( is there any other options for subframe braces? )
Omni or Blox LCA's, I want silver ones
Energy Suspension or Prothane Urethane bushing kits ( which company is better)
Also I've read somewheres that you shouldn't really install the Trailing Arm Bushing, due to bind up or something, what's the story behind this?

Anyways what are your thougths and comments. Won't be upgrading the struts this year, have to wait till I can afford some Tein SS

-TAG

·
Registered
5 Posts
everything sounds good...between the two bushing companies just do inny minny miney mo...there basically the same...as far as the trailing arm bushing...i believe when it binds it causes the rear susepension geometry to change enough at the moment to cause a very unsafe condition aka ur into the guardrail or worse

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the Suspension Techniques front and rear sway bars? To tell you the truth I like this sway bar because it's green haha, the accent color of my suspension, and I've heard good things about it.

Also is there other options for the subframe brace, the ASR brace is kinda pricey

Also I'm planning a Manual rack and pinion swap, and when I change the subframe out can I still install the sway bar? I'm assuming so.
I know cars that don't usually come with the front bar are suppose to use the smaller bar, is this because the subframe is weaker, or should I be alright to put it on there?

-TAG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts