Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea yea yea.... i know.... SSAC is CRAP......

BUT, they are uber cheap....

My questions are......

1) would i be able to cut the flange that it comes with off and weld a DSM flange on?

2) are they A/C compatible?

3) from reading and jazz it seams that if i re-enforce it they are just fine. I also hear that the NEW SSAC manis are made much better than the old ones.

Comments????

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i am going to try one if i dont find a ccfab for cheap or if i dont make a top mount out of my header.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
hf doesnt support external gates easily.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
eh, I had an ssauto mani. I changed it out for a cast piece because I was always paranoid about it breaking and being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

IMO, do it right the first time.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well...... i COULD i guess....

The reasoning behind what i am thinking is that with a log mani i will loose some of my top end and when i am just driving it around the street i wont have any lag, so in saying that, no lag means spooling faster and spooling faster mean spinning the tires a lot more on the street.

am i wrong in thinking that?

I dono.... If it was to spool the same as it does now i guess it would be cool. As of now i start boosting at about 3700 and reach max boost at about 4k (8psi).

I guess the advantages to keeping the the log mani have now is i could use a EVO 16g and keep the flange and i would not have to spend any more $$ on a mani.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
full boost that comes on hard and late will cause you to spin more than boost that comes on earlier. early boost is going to gradually make power, while late, instantaneous boost comes on at nearly full punch, which will in turn cause the tires to break loose

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
"turbo lag=traction control"
yeah, until there is no more lag and the turbo is in full boost. Maybe it is traction control in 3rd gear, possibly second depending on your power levels.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts