Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic EX
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, recently my motor took a crap. i have yet to find out whats wrong besides i have 60psi in cylinder 4... 185-175-180-60 :(

From the looks of it, my bottom end is going to need an upgrade.

Ive been reading online various areas and I want to build a bottom end.

So far I got:

CP 75.5mm 9:1 Pistons
Eagle Hbeam Rods

Block will be bore/hone/notched.

What else do I need as far as parts are concern to make a decent block. I was making 228whp 200tq on stock internals and I am actually happy with that power. Any help would be appreciated. :)
Thanks D-series.org! With this help, I will stick with the D instead of going B. :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
If/When I build a motor for boost I'm really interested in a golden eagle block guard and endyne posting kit, I think that should handle just about anything you could throw at it and be alot cheaper than sleeves.

·
Registered
93 Civic EX
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If/When I build a motor for boost I'm really interested in a golden eagle block guard and endyne posting kit, I think that should handle just about anything you could throw at it and be alot cheaper than sleeves.
I would imagine that would be good necessity once you go past the 300whp mark.

My hp goal was to make 200whp on stock internals. I am more than happy with the power I was making. Now is to just make it more reliable when abused for long periods of time. :)

Is it necessary for a 250whp to have blockguards and posting kit?

Also there is the other option of running vitara pistons with tt rods or eagle rods.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is this a daily driver or??? If you can afford to build it I would go ahead and do it, I'm sure sooner or later you'd end up wanting more, might as well build it for it now rather than later. If you're going to have it bored then I'd throw the block guard in it since you'd want to bore it to be safe after putting that in anyway(could make sleeves out of round. There's people that say they don't have the problem, but then people that do so boring it after the install to make sure its round is the safest idea). You could go without the posting, especially since I'm sure it'd be harder to find someone local to do it... but then you're in California so I bet you have alot more options than I do in Oklahoma. The vitara/TT or eagle rods, a block guard, and the headstuds and such that you already have would take your setup just fine, and you'd have room to grow but I'm not sure exactly how much. I'd do the Vitara/rod of your choice setup if its for sure not going to see a ton of hp, but if its not a daily and you can afford to wait for some higher end stuff I'd do that. I'd hit up turbod16.com and see what they say. I'm just not into the whole lets use pistons out of some other car because its cheaper, but thats just me and it seems everyone has good results with them.

·
Registered
93 Civic EX
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car is daily driver about 300miles a week.

At the moment motor is stock:

Has ARP Headstuds, Comestic Headgasket
T3 super 60 at 10psi making 228whp 200tq.
All I was hoping for was 200whp so I was more than happy. :)

So now...i guess the main thing is this car is a daily driver, and chances are I will NOT want 300whp. I believe the highest i will want is 250whp at the most since my clutch is only stage 1. As far as the budget goes, I do not have one really. I really want to get the car running again.

im a bit skeptical with the vitaras but it seems that they will be ok for my power needs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sounds like I'd try and go with the vitara/tt or rod of your choice then, but if you can afford the CP/eagle combo you mention I'd go with that. The stock rods are your weak link, and then you go to the ringlands... Those out of the way I think it should be pretty reliable with the headstuds, cometic, good tune which you already have right? I'd personally kinda want a block guard in there, but I'm not sure you'd really need it since you're sure you'd be stopping at around 250whp and I could see you not wanting a ton more power if you're going to daily drive it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts