Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
That "e-charger" is actually a marine fan of some sort. You can go to most boat dealers and find the same thing for 30-40 bucks. At idle - no difference (equal pressure), at WOT - "charger" will spin faster due to the intake pulling air THROUGH the fan which does create some restriction. Better off buying a "Tornadeo".

N

·
0 Posts
you need 2 of those to make 1.7 psi as they advertise, that if is true whaterver they advertise.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Speed_Cult said:
That "e-charger" is actually a marine fan of some sort. You can go to most boat dealers and find the same thing for 30-40 bucks. At idle - no difference (equal pressure), at WOT - "charger" will spin faster due to the intake pulling air THROUGH the fan which does create some restriction. Better off buying a "Tornadeo".
Ive never personally agreed with the Tornado. Maybe its because Im no expert in FI, but it just seems kind cheesey. Although the Speed Channel advertises this and backs up that their are actual gains. I have a friend that put this on his sisters accord, and he tells me that theirs a difference. I wont belive it till I see it.

D

·
0 Posts
There's a bunch of kids where I used to work that loved their tornados. They said no real response change but they all got like 5-10mph higher top speeds. This is word of mouth, no dyno.

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
They don't work. They don't flow enough air to make any difference, and they do decrease hp because they restrict the airflow in an otherwise unrestricted tube. When they come out with a compact fan that puts out enough ccm, i'll consider trying it.

T

·
0 Posts
FooSchnickens said:
They don't work. They don't flow enough air to make any difference, and they do decrease hp because they restrict the airflow in an otherwise unrestricted tube. When they come out with a compact fan that puts out enough ccm, i'll consider trying it.
^Exactly what he said.

You would get more HP gains from a set of seat belt pads and a Type R sticker :p

D

·
0 Posts
TRIPtych said:
You would get more HP gains from a set of seat belt pads and a Type R sticker :p
Not if you don't install a turbo sound maker. You're just playin' around without one.

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
When they come out with a compact fan that miraculously adds horsepower, cars will come with them stock.

Truth is, the bilge-blowers can't move enough air to keep up with a 1.6l engine's demands after a few hundred RPM, so after that point, its just impeding airflow.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
I've only seen one who works and give 30% more hp, It was like small roots charger, with 3 x 12v eletric motors (like 3 starters) wires were like gage 2, not so bad for 1800$ ... CFM and pressure were similar to SC performances... I don't remember what company made it, i'm not sure it was in England...

·
Registered
402 Posts
yeah i have heard of that too. It looks like a mini supercharger(roots style) that you put on your air box. I have never seen anyone use a EC but i have seen someone put a leaf blower on their car. They said it gave them like 10psi.

It was on a mustang (go figur only a mustang driver would do that and claim 10psi)

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
speed1100blue said:
yeah i have heard of that too. It looks like a mini supercharger(roots style) that you put on your air box. I have never seen anyone use a EC but i have seen someone put a leaf blower on their car. They said it gave them like 10psi.

It was on a mustang (go figur only a mustang driver would do that and claim 10psi)
Thats sooooo funny haha

D

·
0 Posts
Thrift store leaf blower/power inverter=Boost, gotta love goodwil. But you still need the fake turbo sound or you're goin' nowhere.

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
lmao.........HMT did a test on this a while ago and I think they used the shit for batting practice...........fuck.$299.........for what exactly????.......two clamps, marine fan, home depot rubber and some wires...................total rip off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts