Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on another board, so figured you people have some anger issues like me, so might as well make a thread.

The list is going to be long on this post... Ill probably add to it as I think of more s**t.

Noobs 1st thing they learn is to call and EJ an EK, and have no clue what an EK is.
Kids who dont know what something is called, decides to make up their own name for it:
-Grudge F&^k is now Hate F&^k
-DAP is now fist bump
-Tic-tac-toe sign went to pound sign, now hashtag (wtf was a hashtag before this? Was Hashtag even a word?
The term Melty.. Wendy's started this.. either melt or melted or melting. No such thing as melty.
Im sure Ill have more of these..

People who brake for yellow lights
People who brake for no apparent reason
People who drive slow in the fast lane

People who use acronyms out of place to form whatever they want. USA is a prime example. United States Of America, so it should be USOA
Another one was a math site during college: ALEKS.com taken from this >> Assessment and LEarning in Knowledge Spaces which should be AALIKS

Remember the old Washinton Mutual bank calling themselves WaMu? Seriously..WTF?!?

Ill update more as I have alot of things that piss me off

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,014 Posts
stupid people
people that come to a complete stop to turn right
people that turn left from the right lane
people who brake check you, then run like a bitch when youre able to get around them
people on the interstate who slow the line of fast moving cars down
people on the interstate who move fast, but cant get around people, thus slowing down the line of people playing follow the leader

people that don't utilize google (or any other search feature)
people who say things like "for sale, if nobody buys, Ill just throw it out"
people who live in the same neighborhood, that still stop at intersections with the stop sign on the cross street
people who have no sense of time
people who need their ass kicked, but you would feel bad about doing so
people who cant read signs, then ignore them
people who work at the same location for as long as I have, that still don't know where theyre going/what theyre doing

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
people on the interstate who slow the line of fast moving cars down
I hope these people get cancer. I hope they get cancer and die painfully in front of their fucking kids.

Adding on:

-People with no spatial or situational awareness, either in person or on the road.
-People who don't turn right on red.
-Whiny self-entitled liberals

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
People that pass laws on shit(guns) that don't know the first thing about basic functions.
People that are so stupid to believe the straight out lies just because someone is in a high office so they must know and allow shit to pass.

And the pound sign is different then tic tac toe.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Doing yard work! After work on Saturday, cause Sunday is gonna be close to 100 degrees...

And building/working on things for the first time. It always takes 4x longer than it should if you have done it before.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Willful ignorance
Mowing the lawn
Lawns - seriously unless you have a grazing animal they're fucking stupid
People who drive 2 miles an hour under the speed limit ... even if I'm in a hurry ... if you go the speed limit I don't care ... if you can't get your car going that fast ... drive it straight to hell

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Those driving 2 mph under the speed limit (GPS verified) have their cruise set AT the speed limit but the built in error in the speedo.....

CRX LOVES to cruise ti 64-67 mph GPS, 67-70 speedo, even in Ohio's 70 mph zone I was doing 65-66 GPS, generally behind a governed 18 wheeler. I ALWAYS stay far enough off the 18 wheeler that a 26' box truck could merge in without question. I still get some aero gains, but not the same gains if I was tucked in tight.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fuck.. I saw a documentary on Netflix a few days ago,told someone aout it, now its not in my "watched" section. I searched all over and cant find it anymore. Even went online.

Fuckin thing diappeared

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
People who use acronyms out of place to form whatever they want. USA is a prime example. United States Of America, so it should be USOA
Articles, prepositions, and conjunctions are generally not capitalized, included in abbreviations, or included in acronyms for proper names. :surrender:

FBI is not FBOI, ATF is not ATAF, USA is not USOA. University of Oklahoma is OU, for some reason, and not UOO.

However, acronyms for speech or commonly used phrases would include those minor words as to not lose the meaning of the phrase:

TTIWWOP would make much less sense if it was written as TWWP, as would ROFL as a RFL.

There are few exceptions. Attack of the Show (AOTS), for example, would be difficult to discern what the acronym was for if the preposition and article were dropped.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh I get what your saying. But people will or wont use the proper name game just to make they acronym sound good.

Heres another example.

The abbreviation for Florida is Fla. The Abbreviation for South is So.

Now one news station in south florida decides to coin the phrase SoFlo.. For the 1st few months i was trying to figure out what soflo was. I thought it was a club, possibly some small part of Miami.
Shit No.. They decided to make up their own word for South Florida

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Misappropriated usage of apostrophes, the current iteration of shorthand used for social media and text communication, and when the plural form of a word is used incorrectly are my Internet pet-peeves.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
You know, they say that if you dislike only a few people then perhaps they are the problem, but if you dislike everyone then it is likely that you are the problem.

I tend to fall into the latter category...

:lol:

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Those driving 2 mph under the speed limit (GPS verified) have their cruise set AT the speed limit but the built in error in the speedo.....

CRX LOVES to cruise ti 64-67 mph GPS, 67-70 speedo, even in Ohio's 70 mph zone I was doing 65-66 GPS, generally behind a governed 18 wheeler. I ALWAYS stay far enough off the 18 wheeler that a 26' box truck could merge in without question. I still get some aero gains, but not the same gains if I was tucked in tight.
I was speaking of in town. I highly doubt people are doing stop and go traffic with their cruise control. Highway ... not such a big deal. I can usually find a good spot to get around them.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Smart phones and peoples obsession with them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts