Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get thinner a Headgasket to up my compression??? I know it wont be much, but where? Thanks. Let me know ASAP please!

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
if your gonna have the head off its a good idea to have it atleast trued up to ensure proper sealing, than you can shave it, just remember every .012 off the head equals 1* of ret. cam timing, so you will need to get an Adj. cam gear to correct this

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
doesnt it cost alot more to shave the head?
Your not going to gain enough from a thinner head gasket to justify the cost. If your going to pull the head shave it .020"+ to make it worth the trouble.

·
Registered
311 Posts
just curiouis what would be the gains of compression for .020 off the head

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
i wonder if a high temp metal epoxy would hold up to the heat of the combustion chamber.. put it on the tops of the pistons to increase the dome..
lol, you're kidding, right?loljk

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
if your gonna have the head off its a good idea to have it atleast trued up to ensure proper sealing, than you can shave it, just remember every .012 off the head equals 1* of ret. cam timing, so you will need to get an Adj. cam gear to correct this
SOrry, wrong info, go sit in the corner with your DUNCE hat one and play with your Vtech phone.

Your off by a factor of Pi.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts