Honda D Series Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
That's not a/c compatible
lmfao i KNOW what a dumb shit LOL and its a totalu different manifold and a much smaller turbo holy fuck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled

anyway

vice+2x4

got about 1/4 of an inch now, gonna smooth the side of the compressor with a cutoff wheel and put reflective tape on it

flanges should be here tomorrow so i can weld them on and make the part going under the oilpan removable so if i need to swap a tranny or anything like that its just 3 bolts and no headache of getting the hard to reach bolts

im gonna enjoy those lap dances, enjoy your doughnut fag

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Neither is his. That hunk of ghetto engineering will melt the compressor guts with the week.
yeah it is as the pics show? lol

it will be wrapped, i can hold my hand on the dp when its wrapped so i think the AC comp will be a-ok

sir i ask you again where is your boosted running honda that you built everything on it and tuned yourself? oh and it has to have ac too

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Neither is his. That hunk of ghetto engineering will melt the compressor guts with the week.
Why you being such a prick man, The man put in work and is proud of it. Shit how do you think every bad ass part/Design gets started?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Look in my pics. I built the mainfold, down pipe,wastegate dump, intercooler, charge piping, cut the intake apart, ported and welded it back together, built the full 3in exhaust from down pipe back and over the rear axle, custom shift linkage, roll bar, race seat mounts, gauge cluster, traction bar, etc.

I'll say it again, congratulations, you crammed some fence post between the compressor and the turbine. You got me beat.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Look in my pics. I built the mainfold, down pipe,wastegate dump, intercooler, charge piping, cut the intake apart, ported and welded it back together, built the full 3in exhaust from down pipe back and over the rear axle, custom shift linkage, roll bar, race seat mounts, gauge cluster, traction bar, etc.

I'll say it again, congratulations, you crammed some fence post between the compressor and the turbine. You got me beat.

i have yet to see any pics of ac friendly turbo setup done by you

and this thread is specific to the ebay cast manifold which people havent put a 3" and kept ac that i have seen

but honestly get a cast mani, t3/t4 and make a 3" dp fit as well as you say you can ill buy it off you if it looks better and uses no pie cut "ghetto fab that just because japan does it doesnt make it cool"

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
holy fuck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled
lol new sig.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I see you like that oval idea. I love cars that shut people up like this one. A tight budget and some afro engineering is always awesome.

Dout it. Mine dp was almost touching the compressor for over a month before I heat wrapped it. Only problem he might have is the pressure in the A/C system will be higher than normal. Mine did this but the ac still worked flawlessly. It might also have to do with the wastegate almost touching the condensor. I heat wrapped everything to be safe and get the ac colder.

:3dtard: So youre RWD now?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
just had to give you some + rep for the awesome dp.
always enjoy seeing what you come up with!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
i mean i get what he is saying though, looks like he tracks a lot and his turbo setup looks great for a track car, nice medium sized turbo for good response and little lag. for what he built his car it looks great. From the work he sees at the track from people with 100000+budgets for cars i see what he means by giving hondas a bad name on the track when some cobbed together civic shows up and just yellow flags 1/2 the track.

but honestly not all of us have those budgets, i got the pipe for free that i found in the scrap bucket in the back of a shop, and i used 2-3 bucks wort of fluxcore to build it and a few hours of my time.

when your paying for college and have a part time job to fund that and try and have fun with a car on the side that downpipe looks AMAZING lol, but honestly this car isnt cobbed together just because i cheap out on things that honestly dont matter too much

but still no need to be a dick, and worst thing that can happen is it can give someone the start of an idea on how to do it better/smoother

either way got the waist gate dump done

clears the ac lines way better

·
Registered
240 Posts
flanges should be here tomorrow so i can weld them on and make the part going under the oilpan removable so if i need to swap a tranny or anything like that its just 3 bolts and no headache of getting the hard to reach bolts
you just gave me a good idea thnx! :bigok:

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
flanges should be here tomorrow so i can weld them on and make the part going under the oilpan removable so if i need to swap a tranny or anything like that its just 3 bolts and no headache of getting the hard to reach bolts..
I v-banded mines right after it clears the ac. So like you said if you ever need to do something just undo the v and then the cat flange bolts.

heres a pix

this was taking before i finished welding.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Oh and guys just a little in put on the whole ac compressor thing...when you compress freon it can approch 250-300* then when It expands back out cools way down. With this in mind the only thing that he really has to worry about is cooking the rear bearing in the ac compressor which is designed to operate in the extreme temps...just seems like the hotter the compressor gets the cooler his ac inside? .... all in theory....

Some one correct me if I'm wrong on any parts..

41 - 60 of 84 Posts