Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
ENDYN said:
These "kits" consist of the manifolding and bracketing outlined above. The customer must supply the M62 counter-clockwise rotating supercharger and the Magnusen bypass valve. These components are available through Jackson Racing.
:wtf:

Not sure I would've advertised this as a "supercharger kit", when it just seems to be a kit for a supercharger. I was expecting something that would compete with JRSC, Vortech, etc...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Pretty nice work!

·
Black Dynamite
5,880 Posts
CZ-R said:
:wtf:

Not sure I would've advertised this as a "supercharger kit", when it just seems to be a kit for a supercharger. I was expecting something that would compete with JRSC, Vortech, etc...

Yeah If I have to buy anything extra in addition to what is to be considered as a kit.......that isn't a kit

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I imagine that the reason the blower is seperate, is most likley form a warranty and cost standpoint it may make more sence for the customers.

At least you have the option now to get a blower much bigger and have it able to properly mount onto your car. Again 20+psi and will produce more power at 2k rpm than 90% of the turbo kits on this site. THAT would be a fun car....

I guess that's why they stated this is NOT for the novice users in their article.

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
mikeD16Z6 said:
Looks nice though, how much?
more than you can afford pal....... Endyn

/gay fast and furious guy voice

looks nice but i bet it costs a buttload when combined with the blower costs

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
I'm not too impressed...

It looks like someone took an edlebrock manifold, chopped it, welded on a hand made plenum that has brackets for the supercharger on it.
Same for the S-pipe, it looks DIY and painted black.

Pully Brackets look functional but not terribly difficult to make.

I wonder how much they charge? I would hope no more than 600$-800$ considering that the supercharger and relief valve arent even included. Basically, all you're getiing is an intake manifold (350$), an intake pipe (150$), pulleys (100$), instructions on how to bolt it on and make it work???

If the endyne kit is cheap, then it could be interesting to see if you could buy the kit, and go find a stock M62 Supercharged car at the junkyard to bolt on and to snag the supercharger for cheap. Otherwise, you get raped by Endyne and by Jackson racing...

Oh and I see no mention of engine management by endye, so there goes more time and money. I remember 4-5 years ago they were talking of a supercharger setup that was supposedly revolutionary. this looks like too little too late...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i also am not impressed in the slightest. thats a serious waste of cash. the shit doesnt even look good. id at least want so bling to go with the 10k pricetag

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I doubt its 10 grand.

Just the intake manifold and some brackets, no blower, no fuel managment, no traction control, none of the bells and whistles that were supposed to come with the original kit.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I saw the title of this thread, and was pretty happy. Then I looked at the link, and I went from :) to :(

We all read the page talking about it was going to change time itself! I wasn't expecting to have to deal with getting a SC, bypass valve, and the an EMS too. Endyn is good, but dang, the time and money to make a SAFE HMT would be a lot less I bet.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I can understand the thoughts of the missing blowers and other 2 parts, but if someone does decide to utilize this kit, you coudl easly on a build motor be talking 250+ wheel power at around 2000-2500 rpm rangesa and going up form there. Reemember the m62 cna produce upwards of 20+psi so there's a TON of room for for performance if someone wants to harness it.

This isn't a complete turn key option, but it's a good foundation that will allow someone to do something really nice to their car. and most likley get beyond the performacne levels they were expecting.

This layout is pretty much a mimmic of Larry's origional blower designs he had on his civic that ran an 11.2 (i think it was an 11.2 maybe be an 11.3).

It really depends on what you are looking for. If your looking for linear power curve and low end grunt, then this is the best option by far. If your looking for a all at once kit you in the pants at about half way through your power band, then a a custom turbo may be a better choice for you. this SC would be better for road racing that's for sure.

Rememebr this kit was NOT designed to bolt to a stocker motor. Your going to have to be someone who is somewhat serous about performance to even consider this setup. While i'm sure most people here will just shrug this off like a lot have already with your not so very polite comments, the few that this kit was ment for will understand what it's potentials are and may consider it depending on their purposes or needs.

·
Registered
441 Posts
looks great, but i am not sure that it will be worth the price (it is endye after all)...but cool

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if i was serious about performance, it would never be a d series, and definately not with a non intercooled supercharger. serious waste of coin.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and im sure the price tag is well over a thousand., probably closer to 2k. and for what.

so after 7k worth of parts you get 250whp. thts right up oscars alley. hahaha

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.