Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess on my way to work, my oil drain plug leaked my oil out, and I didn't see it happening. Needless to say I got a real nice rod knock. As soon as it happened I shut her down and got my
Buddy to tow it. Today I ran some Lucas oil treatment in it and flushed the oil and and didn't see a ton of shavings, just some. Started her up and she seems to run okay. Should I expect the rod knock to come back within a couple days? Or may I or kinda gotten away with it for now?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,309 Posts
drive it until it dies, in the meantime, source a spare

Reactions: Staypuff578

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Find a spare "D" they are a dime a dozen till then drive it till it dies. Then start it again and drive it some more. I have a friend who drove 200 miles before he noticed he had forgotten his oil cap when he did an oil change needless to say he had no oil left in the motor. But it continued to run for a few years after that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She aint running too good today. Knocked this morning a little but went away, and smoked later on in the day at start up. Why would it smoke?

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
The damage that is done won't go away, but you can mask it for a while as you prepare a backup plan. As said before, source a spare motor or just a block, go through and rebuild it, throw it in when the time is right. Bam, brand new Honduh.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm having such a hard time finding a y8 in my area, it's annoying lol. I got some thick ass oil and that mystery oil shit. Smoked the one day but has been running ok, just no power. Trying to source a motor, if you guys know anyone in the New York State area lol

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
I'm having such a hard time finding a y8 in my area, it's annoying lol. I got some thick ass oil and that mystery oil shit. Smoked the one day but has been running ok, just no power. Trying to source a motor, if you guys know anyone in the New York State area lol
Y7, Z6, ZC, D15B, B7, so on so forth. Broaden your horizon for a block and you shall find salvation. Unless metal shavings have chewed your head up I see no reason why you can't slap her on any D16/D15 block and call it a day. If you really want the Y8 I would suggest listed block with your Y8 head combo temporarily and build current Y8 block on the side.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Y7, Z6, ZC, D15B, B7, so on so forth. Broaden your horizon for a block and you shall find salvation. Unless metal shavings have chewed your head up I see no reason why you can't slap her on any D16/D15 block and call it a day. If you really want the Y8 I would suggest listed block with your Y8 head combo temporarily and build current Y8 block on the side.

I'm aware of the compatibility on head/block combos, but just can't find anything for sale haha. Just gotta keep looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.